Chapter 5

DarkBeauty357

I locked the door and decided to practice a little on my gift. In my old pack, I had special tutoring for my fire abilities, which really didn't help. I'm still on the beginner level because there wasn't someone exactly like me to help. I opened my hand and a small flame flickered widely on my palm, but it quickly extinguished.

"Pathetic." I huffed under my breath.

I tried again and again, yet I got the same result. I suddenly became mad. My emotions were surging through me, hitting me all at once. Anger. Sadness. Fear. I was fearful for my future. I was sad because I missed my family. I was angry at everything. Jealousy being the main emotion because I couldn't get Christie out of my thoughts. A dangerous storm stirring deeply in my heads of emotions and thoughts had begun. I suddenly couldn't take it anymore and my emotions felt like they had been let loose. I never felt like this before.

I growled out in rage and then my body was consumed in flames. "Ah-h." I panicked and swatted at my body while I was hopping around. I probably looked like a dancing monkey. The flames soon disappeared.

"What's going on!" Alec knocked down and broke the door while entering the room. I stared at him in shock because I couldn't find any words to say.

"Well! This better is good. I almost had a heart attack. Is that fire I smell?" Alec raged.

"I killed a spider!" I finally managed to push out.

He rolled his eyes and left. I looked at myself in the mirror and I had no burn marks or anything. I looked at my skin and I was astounded. This had never happened before, and the best thing is that it didn't hurt. I looked at the clock and realized that soon I was going shopping with Alice. I redid my hair and washed my face. I spent the rest of my time getting familiar with the house. I walked down the white halls of the second floor. I looked in and out of all the rooms. Most of them were empty but there was one that had art supplies in it. I quietly shut the door and continued walking. I was about to go down the stairs, but I then heard a conversation.

"Fucking great! Rem told you didn't he?" Alec was having a conversation with someone in his office. I knew I'd feel bad about eavesdropping, but something in my body told me to say and listen. I peeked into the cracked door and realized he was talking on the phone. His back was faced toward me.

"Alec stop cussing! And yes which is why I want to come down." Due to my werewolf hearing, I heard a feminine voice on the phone talking to Alec. Alec cursed more.

"Jenna, there is no need to come down." Alec seethed.

I wondered if there was ever a time he wasn't angry. "This is your mate-" Jenna tried to say but Alec cut her off, "No! This is not what I want." His words were nothing new.

"What do you mean... You don't want your mate?" Jenna asked Alec.

"Look things are complicated right now with everything." He gritted out, "Look, Aunt Jenna, Just please don't come down." Alec paced in his office.

"Fine." She muttered. They ended the phone call. He sat in his desk chair and rest his head in his hands on the desk.

"Why does she have to be paired up with someone like me?" He muttered. My heart skipped a beat and began to pound fast in my chest. I backed up and realized I had to go before he heard my heart pounding.

I ran to the living and laid down on the couch for five minutes. I heard no one follow me so I assume he didn't hear me. For the rest of the time, I took a nap until I heard the doorbell ring. I got up knowing it would be Alice. She hugged me when I opened the door and we walked to her car having a small conversation about the places we'd visit. I fastened my seat belt and looked back at the house.