☆Chapter 23☆

DarkBeauty357

"Are you alright?" Damon asked as he sat down in front of me. I pushed my muffin around on the plate. "Yeah, I'm fine."

"What happened last night?" He asked me.

"Don't worry about it," I muttered.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know he was abusive to you. Now, I know what you mean when you said it was hard being his mate."

"Yeah." I huffed. "When are we leaving?" I looked around the hotel cafeteria and almost all the humans were leaving now.

"Soon. Just waiting on Alec and the girls." He mentioned Alec's name in distaste. My wolf mentally growled but I can understand why he didn't like him. Damon went to go grab a plate of food before we hit the road again. He returned to sit across from me in the two-seater table. I saw Insuvai come down and she started to make a plate as well.

"When are we leaving?" My attention snapped up to Alec's rough voice. Both of his hands were placed on the table and he leaned forward. He was dressed in his usual clothing. Jeans and a black t-shirt with dark sunglasses perched on his nose.

"When everyone is done eating," Damon spoke. Alec's face snapped toward him and his lips went into a straight line. Before I could warn Damon, Alec hooked his foot with the leg of Damon's and swiped it out from under him. Damon hit the ground but he jumped right back up at him. Due to the loud noise, Insuvai came rushing to us. The males were toe to toe, but I pushed them back and got in between them.

"Really Alec, that has got to be the most childish thing you could have done!" I lowly hissed. I had both of my hands placed on their chest.

"Leah, take your hand off his chest, and step away," Alec warned while slightly shaking. I could tell his wolf's eyes were out and he was on the verge of shifting.

"That's the last thing I'm doing." I firmly stated.

"No just step back. I can handle myself." Damon said. I wasn't moving anywhere until someone pulled me back and out of the way. I looked at Insuvai, "Why did you do that?"

"Because these bitches needeth to just get this over with because these gents are not going to stop." She replied to me. I watched the two males try to assert their dominance. They growled lowly at each other, and their eyes glowed. I glanced around fearful that a human might see. Luckily, everyone left the cafeteria.

The tension was thick and it was eerily quiet except for the growling. I knew both males wouldn't back down until this was over. However, once the dominant male made the other submit maybe this trip would be more peaceful.

Damon's eyes were flickering and his head was slowly moving down. I could tell he fought hard against Alec, but no one was a match against him. There was one last series of loud growls. Then with a soft cry of defeat and pain, Damon was mentally forced into submission. Damon's head was facing down at the ground, and his neck showed.

Alec smirk in victory, "Don't forget that." Damon growled at him, but he knew it didn't matter. What mattered was Alec was the more dominant male, and it came as no surprise.

"We should be going now," Damon growled and stormed off to his truck. There was nothing to say for anyone, once the dominance was asserted it was final. The only way to break that was to have a full fight in wolf form. I know that Alec would win. Anyone knew that, which is why many shifters would not dare challenge him. It would be a suicide mission to do so.

"I'm going to the truck," I muttered very displeased. I never understood why werewolf males acted so childish at times, especially alphas. "I'm coming with you," Insuvai said. Grace and Ava, dressed in new clothes, went to the cafeteria at the same time as we exited. Insuvai and I met Damon at his truck. I slid in the passenger seat and Insuvai was in the back. I wanted to talk to him before I went to grab my suitcases in the hotel room.