Chapter 13

DarkBeauty357

The next morning Insuvai and I packed up our area. The tents were folded and put away. The fire went out since last night so we didn't have to worry about it. Alec put his sunglasses on, so he could change his eyes. "Are we ready?" I asked them. They nodded their head and we started traveling down the mountain again. It wasn't going to be that hard, only time-consuming.

"So we are going to Alaska?" I questioned her for the millionth time, in a high pitch kid-like voice, to annoy her. When I was young I always was the one that asked the questions, and she would become so irritated. "Marie, if you do not stop it, I shall turn you into a toad." She threatened. I put on an innocence kid face as I use to when I was younger. She rolled her eyes. Alec had a questioning expression on his face. I assume he still thinks we know each other, and what he doesn't know won't kill him. We were almost near the bottom of the mountain.

Since it took most of the day to reach the bottom of the mountain, the sun was already starting to set. "Well shall go back to the hotel for now. Tomorrow I'll get plane tickets for Alaska." Alec said as we walked back to the hotel. My feet were killing at this time. "So where is this place at on Alaska," I asked Insuvai. "Thou art going to hate me, but it is on Mount Denali." She answered. I groaned. "What is up with witches and mountains," I asked. She shrugged her shoulders, "What is up with wolves and mates."

"This is going to be a long journey," I said.

When we got back to the hotel, we were all very hungry. "Would you guys liketh for me to receiveth food?" She asked. I nodded hungrily, but Alec didn't. "Yes, he would," I answered for him. He growled at me, but I ignored it. Insuvai glanced at me but soon left. "I'm not eating." He was being stubborn. "You say that all the time, but really, you're very hungry. So stop it." I said. He growled more, "Really you want to tell me to stop. When all your fucking doing is leading me on some adventure and hanging out with some lame ass witch." He slammed his hand down on the table and stalked closer to me.

"Really. Really! I'm leading you on? And that witch is the second most powerful witch on the world. She could easily kill you." I angrily said.

He smirked, "See how would you know that." He thought he was on to something.

I simply crushed it, "Maybe because that is what we talked about. She will help us find the others, but don't you mention it once to her. She doesn't want to know why we are seeing the rest." I told him. He growled but nodded, "I need to make a call to the Pack." He walked out the door. I seized this opportunity as a good time to check my phone.

I called Alice, and she was relieved to hear my voice. "Hello?" Alice answered.

"Hey, it's me, Leah. I can't talk long though." I said into the phone.

"Oh my gosh. I was starting to worry about you." She sighed in relief.

"You don't need to. Everything is fine and going well."

"Are you serious?" She asked.

"Yes, I assure you," I replied.

"I can't talk for long."

"I know, Rem just got a call from Alec. I'm assuming he left to make the phone call." Alice said.

We had a small conversation before I told her I had to go. I wanted to call my mom. We had a short conversation until the doorknob jiggled. I quickly ended the call without a word and turned my phone off. Alec walked in, "The pack is doing well." I put my phone up. "That's great," I said. Insuvai came back with delicious food. Insuvai and I ate out in the open, but Alec ate in the bathroom by himself. After that eating, I curled up in the hotel bed. Insuvai was flipping through the hotel channels with excitement. Alec came out of the bathroom and crawled into bed with me. It was easier to fall asleep when Alec was by my side.