Chapter 21

Narrator

Liana was eating her lunch at her office's cafeteria. Something good about the office is you get free foods, snacks and drinks. She was pretty surprise seeing a huge snack corner and you can get as many as you want. Seeing that the company have good connection overseas, the company ensured that it provided its people with the snacks from the overseas.

She had colleagues who she sits with for lunch. She didn't mind sitting and eating alone when her colleagues have works to complete. Some people sit alone or they sit on any table and people who are alone come and join the person.

Liana was playing with her phone when a group of woman walked passed her table not before commenting. "Isn't she the one who got hired through someone. She doesn't look that good." One said looking at Liana from head to toe. Liana felt uncomfortable but someone spoke up for her.

"I think she is really pretty and who are you to judge others?" Liana turned back to see it was Grayson and Grayson looked furious.

The girls looked at Grayson and laughed. "You are still a kid, do you have a Teenage crush on her?" Another said laughing.

The three girls laughed at Grayson and Liana stood up. "You all should mind your own business before"
Liana's sentence was interrupted by someone else.

"You three in the office now." Jason said pointing at the three girls. The girls laughed died down and was looking at Jason with a scared looked.

"Why?" One asked.

"You were disrespectful to our Company's future COO."(Chief Operating officer).

The girls were beyond surprise. "I believe you three are interns in the company." Jason said. "We don't tolerate these behaviour. Not only were you disrespectful to our COO you were disrespectful to our employee who is your senior and also you were judging our company's hiring capability. You three are dismissed from the company as an intern. Please follow me as I will tell my assistant to prepare the official letter."

Liana grab hold of the situation and quickly interrupted. "Can't we give them a chance?" Looking at Grayson

"I would have but they were rude to me." Grayson said shrugging.

"They didn't know."

"We can't have people disrespecting our company's COO or the others will learn and our CEO will not like it."

"It was all because of you." One of the girl sneered angrily at Liana.

"Now let's not fight here, we can fight outside." Grayson said smiling.

Jason rolled his eyes and said, "You should stop being so funny because it is not. The situation is not that suitable for a humour."

When Jason left with the three girls who was literally pleading Liana turned and looked at Grayson with a very shocked face.

"He was not lying. Was he?" Liana asked.

"Lying about what?" Grayson said blinking his eyes so innocently.

"Liana rolled her eyes and said, "My bad."

"Well, if you are talking about the COO thing it is very much true."

"But how is that even possible. Last time you were a run away child sitting in the convenience store and pouting."

"I do have some days where I am a teenager having a mood swing." Grayson grinned.

Liana rolled her eyes again and walked away.

"Aren't you being rude to your boss?" Grayson said and Liana quickly stopped.

"Right. We are at the work ground and I have to be as professional as I can and not let my personal issues come before me."

"That's right. Can I have a cup of hot chocolate with whipped cream?"

Liana faked a large smile.

"Sure. I will be right back with your hot chocolate with whipped cream on top, Sir." Liana said as she turned around.

Liana was a little annoyed that Grayson didn't tell her that he was the COO of the company when they met but as she was standing in the line of the company's snack bar she realized that maybe he had his own reasons of not wanting to share his story with others and she have no rights to be angry or rude to him. He may have felt uncomfortable sharing his life stories with others and she should just accept that. When she came back with the drink, she brought along her favourite chips snack and give it to a smiling Grayson.

"You seriously look like a happy child getting a candy." Liana laughed.

"You seem a little better than before now. Did something happened while you got me my drink?"

"Not really. I was just reflecting about something."

"You want to share your reflection with me so that I too can learn to reflect about things." Grayson said.

"I realized that maybe you were uncomfortable to tell others that you are COO of the famous Creation Company and that is why when we first met you never told me about it."

"I knew it."

"Knew what?" Liana asked.

"That you are smart. Since you are so smart, please help me in my homework. I am struggling with that." Grayson said.

"I would love to, but I do work here you know? I don't work here as an assistant and especially not yours"

"That's not a bad idea. You can be my assistant from now on."

"That sounds like a nice job but I am too busy for that. If you want help you can call my sister. You can pay her for helping you with homework. She is in Grade 12 but she is pretty smart." Liana said as she wrote her sister's number.

"She won't be mad at you for giving me her number?"

"She is looking for a part time job anyway and also don't try any moves with her she literally will hit you"

"She can't. I am your boss."

"Technically you have a boss too." Liana pointed out " and also she doesn't care about boss things, she will do what she wants and besides this is not even part of the company's thing and it is your personal thing so...."

"Now I know why..." Grayson smirked as if he knew something that Liana doesn't

"What you know?" Liana asked

"Why Oliver likes you." Grayson said to himself while smiling at a confused Liana.

Author's Note: Thank you for reading this book, please give it a Vote and a share if you are enjoying this book.Happy readings!