Chapter 40

Liana

"I had my own reasons to keep my identity because it feels nice to know that someone is not my friends or whatever because of my background. It felt nice to be friends or close with you knowing that you are not hanging around with me because I am 'Oliver Lee' " He whispered looking at me and trying to see my reaction.

My body tensed at his sentence and relaxed after sometime knowing that yea, it must have been really hard for him to have friends or people that are not using him for who he is, but I thought we were friends?

"How long were you going to keep this dragging?" I asked him after what seemed like forever but only few minutes have passed.

"Not long. I was not sure when to tell you, but I was really hoping that you would find out the truth from me rather than someone else." He said.

"What do you mean by you were not sure when to tell me? You had many opportunities to.. just admit you didn't trust me" I said now pissed off.

"No- I trust you enough to tell you , but I felt it was not the right time. We were having fun and laughing and enjoying our time and I didn't want to ruin all of that and I was scared that you don't want to be friends anymore"

"But isn't it ruin now?" I pointed out and I saw pain flickered on his face, but he covered it quickly with a straight face.

True, we were having fun and if he would have suddenly declare about his identity. It would have been a weird turn of the day.

"Okay." I said sighing. "I will think about this" even though I am mad at him I still cannot be that mad. He had his own reasons to and although I am a little hurt that he couldn't trust me enough to tell me.

"Really?" He said and then there was hope in his eyes.

"Yes. Really." I said. "Did you come here just to talk about this."I really hope not.

"Yeah." He said sheepishly.

"You can't do that. Everyone will be suspicious and think we are in some secret relationship or whatever. You come once a month and you suddenly just come again." I started to get really hyper thinking about that.

"Who said that I only come once a month? I come here quite often but in a disguise and plus this month I didn't visit nor did Jason." He pointed out a fact and smile a little. I sighed in relieve.

"I should get back to work." I said to him.

"About your work." He coughed awkwardly. "You will be move to somewhere else." He said very quickly.

"Sorry?" I said asking him to repeat.

"You will be moving to another department." He said finally.

"What? Why? This is like the third time? Did I do something wrong?" I asked scared now.

"No-no. You are doing absolutely amazing. It is just you are being moved to the Cartoonist department. You can make your own comic strips and-" before he could finish his sentence I was fuming again!

"You cannot do that!" I said and quickly added because of course I keep forgetting he is the CEO and he sure can do that. "I want to get there by my own hard work and confidence."

"Yes. I know. I have seen your comic strips work at your friend's Cafe. I have seen your comic work at the Toon Website. You have quite a lot of followers that I don't know why no one found you yet." He said telling me about my work.

"Did you?" I was surprise that he found out about my work online.

"Yes. And the department decided to publish your comic. It was suppose to be a surprise." He almost sounded like he is whining, but I was not sure if it is because of his position that everyone agreed to.

"No." I said finally thinking. "I want to build my confidence and know that I have achieved it on my own."

"You did. You work hard." Oliver said.

"I will enter in the company's find the new comic competition and if I win means I deserve it, if not I want to work hard until I can see success."

Oliver looked at me with pride? He smiled making him look less tired than he did. "I won't stop you from entering the competition because I know you will win. Your work was admirable by the departments of Artists. The offer will be valid even if you don't win the offer." He said.

"Why are you doing all of this?" I said confused at his helped and kindness. He smiled, but never answered.

"I should get going." He said. "Do you still need time to think?"

"Yes." I said overwhelmed with too many information.

"I hope you will understand my situation when you are thinking. Give me a phone call when you are ready to answer." He said making eye contacts with me.

"Yup." I said nodding my head. "You look way too tired."

"If only yesterday didn't turn out that way." He said pursing his lips and looking serious all of a sudden.

"I am glad though, I got to know the truth although in a very twisted manner."

He didn't say anything.

"I will get going." I said. "Was that everything for today? Or you have something else to say."

He opened his mouth like he wanted to say something, but he quickly shut his mouth and then said quickly, "That's all for today. Have a good day and I hope you will think about my situation and we can work on it."

I was confused with what he meant by "work on it" but I didn't say anything and quickly said my good bye and then came out sighing deeply as I walked to my office.

Author's Note: Thank you for reading this book, please give it a Vote and a share if you are enjoying this book.Happy readings!