Chapter 36

Liana (That's the first, so Yay!!!)

Grayson drove like crazy since he came back with breakfast. He was speed driving in highways and I was a little confused as he seemed to have forgotten that I was sitting here and most importantly he does not seem to be driving towards the office.

"Uh- are we going to the office?" I asked him and tried to sound as polite as I can because even though he is younger to me by few years he is of course a boss where I am working.

"I just realized that I have some work to do today, so you can tag along with me." He said smiling, but his smile had another meaning.

"I have to work?" I tried to explain.

"That's fine. I will call the office. Where is your sister by the way? Will she be able to meet us at the hiking place now?" He asked and looked at me for a second before his eyes went back to the road.

He constantly looked at the mirror and then road and I looked back because I was so curious what he was looking at.

"I thought you have work?" I asked raising my eye brow suspiciously.

"I do, but it is at the mountain." He said. "So what about your sister?"

"I am not sure... she doesn't drive nor have a car." I said still unsure about his plan.

"Just tell her to take a cab and come to the address or place. We will meet her there. I will pay for the fare because I want her to come too." Grayson said.

"Is it even a professional thing? Hiking during work hours." I whispered because I was scared I might pissed my boss off.

"I am your boss- technically the other boss. My brother is your boss." He said to me with a smirk. "But I still have the power, so it is an order to call Mia and tell her to come. We will go out."

"But we are so unprepared for hiking." I explained.

"This place is good for relaxing and I am sure today is a good day."

He basically made me call Mia who groaned as she picked up her phone. Thankfully her school have break after her exams and she was thrilled to go for hiking except when she heard who made the plan.

"I am not coming." She said for what seems like the 5th time.

I wanted to scream and whine because I was feeling so awkward already with Grayson and here she is not helping me either. There was a red light and Grayson snatched my phone.

"Just remember that this is part of the student and tutor deals. See you there." And he cut the call. Mia must be pissed. She never liked anyone cutting the call on her and I am sure when she comes Grayson will get a slap from her. Just then my phone rang and the caller ID says Oliver and I was pretty surprised he called after yesterday's incident.

I didn't get time to pick up the call when Grayson pulled the car to a stop nearby and picked up my call. I found it rude whether he is my boss or not he cannot do that.

"She is with me." Grayson said looking at me and back to the mirror outside his side. "Well, I hope you learnt a lesson." And he ended the call and switched off my phone.

"Today is meditation day. I will call the office and excuse you and we are good for the day. No phone picking or calling unless of course it is an emergency." Grayson explained.

"What do you mean by learnt a lesson?" I asked him regarding him speaking to Oliver like that.

"Well, it is outside work thing. Don't worry." He said assuring me but I was not sure about all of this. He did keep his promise though and I was excused from office. Last time I was excused to do a company's work with Oliver which did not actually feel like a company's work and now this. I have no idea what is going on and I want explanation but Grayson seemed distracted the whole way to the place and I wish I knew the reason for Oliver's phone call.

Did he call me for work purpose ? Or was it for other reason? Is he still mad at me ? Or he finally called to speak about last night. I had so many questions on my mind but the person is not in front of me to answer all of this and my suppose to be boss is taking me and my sister for hiking and away from the city just to meditate. I don't need meditation, not on a Monday when tomorrow I have to go back to work and my schedule is all wiped out thanks to the hiking. 

"We are here." He announced after what seemed like forever and I looked at the sign board that welcomes people for hiking and looked at the happy people who was taking pictures.

"Seems fun." I said not really meaning it as Grayson smiled.

Author's Note: Thank you for reading this book, please give it a Vote and a share if you are enjoying this book.Happy readings!