Chapter 26

Yasmin crept towards the edge of the trees, keeping an eye out on the roads and houses. She didn't know where the hunter would be or strike, but she had to be careful nonetheless. Next to her Lily and Troy squirmed. Although impossibly loud to her ears, she was sure a regular human might notice them too. Holding a finger to her lips, she shushed them as a car rolled by slowly on the street, not 10 feet away from them.

'I'm scared' she heard Lily say blue eyes glassy as she peered at her.

Sighing Yasmin reached a hand forward and rubbed between her ears on her head. She didn't have any comforting words that would be true, so for the moment, she hugged both wolves close to her, then gestured for them to lie low.

Masons uncle house wasn't close to the woods, but Yasmin didn't have to walk too far to get to his place. She only knew where he lived because she could pick up faint traces of Masons' scent in the around his place. Not to mention the man smelt vaguely similar to his nephew. As she approached a small blue house with a crappy paint job she could smell it was the one and searched the perimeter for an opening.

The house was sealed tight, but with some shimmying and a kick through a kitchen window, she slipped in. Taking a step forward she felt the hairs on the back of her neck bristle and dodged left. She narrowly avoided the bullet that was aimed where she had been standing. Growling she lunged forward, grabbing the human by the neck with a clawed hand, while he pressed the gun to her temple.

Looking him over in the darkness she took notice of the short dark brown hair, goatee and light brown eyes. He looked a lot like Mason, and taking a deep breath she realized he smelt like him too.

"Who are you, and why are you breaking into my house?' he asked calmly, despite his rapidly beating heart.

"You're brave for a human" she acknowledged nodding.

"You have until I count to three before I shoot" he warned. Yasmin released him making him stumble.

"Relax I'm here for Mason," she said putting a hand on her hip.

"Mason who?"

"Your nephew Mason Lowe" she continued knowing they didn't have time for this game.

"I don't know him," he said.

Rolling her eyes Yasmin crouched, then sped forward grabbing his gun. She wrenched it from his grasp, throwing it across the room before he could even react. By the time she slowed down he looked at her wide-eyed and shocked.

"Look I don't have time for this, the names Yasmin. I'm Masons err.... girlfriend. But he needs your help right now" she explained, and Roland only nodded confused.

It took longer than she liked to explain how mason needed his help right now. He already knew about the hunters on their tails and the rogues, but he didn't fully understand his part.

"He wants me to sneak two werewolves out of town in my truck, past hunters with guns that might shoot me?" Roland asked hesitantly again.

"For the fourth time, yes, and we're losing time. The time I spend here explaining to you the hunters could be covering every exit. Are you scared of the guns or something?"

"I've had my fair share of guns pointed at me while on duty. I just don't know if this would actually work. I'm honored he'd trust me with this, don't get me wrong"

"Well look let's save honor for later. For now, just do it" Yasmin said pushing his back to make him walk towards the front door.

"What will happen if we get caught?" he asked her as they walked towards his garage.