Chapter 6 Bloody Mary Sighting At The All Boys' School?

Chapter 6: Bloody Mary Sighting At The All Boys' School?

I froze.

Gabe and Jenna walked in our direction. I couldn't clearly make out their facial expressions. At times like this, I loathed contacts and wanted glasses all over again. Heck, I couldn't even distinguish if it was just my foggy eyesight or if there was actual fog.

"Gabe! Jenna!" Lucas called behind me.

Piper, Julian, and I turned to the idiot and glared at him. I was hoping maybe we could just pass by and avoid a conversation altogether but guess not. Lucas looked at us in confusion. Obviously, he was clueless as to our sudden change in expressions.

Lucas went to Gabe and Jenna, who seemed to be getting closer and closer.

"Hide me!" I pleaded. I wasn't supposed to be there. Well, neither was Lucas, but he had a legitimate excuse. He'd needed a ride.

"How?" Julian and Piper asked in unison. Gabe and Jenna just had to show up.

I shook my head and ran behind Julian. He was around six feet. Maybe my short height wasn't a curse after all.

"Piper! Stand next to Julian. Hide me!" I said quickly. My friend obliged.

I heard different voices get closer. Suddenly, there was an echo of laughter. I peeked from the side and saw Lucas laughing his head off. He clutched his stomach and simply laughed like there was no tomorrow.

"Why are you laughing?" Piper asked in a small voice.

"You guys won't believe it. Gabe and Jenna claimed to have seen Bloody Mary! And Bloody Mary left them a gift. You see this," Lucas answered after he was done laughing. I peeked from between Julian and Piper to see what "this" was.

Lucas held something dark in the air in front of him. The brown thing was thin, short, and apparently, trying to jump.

Chocolate covered grasshopper.

I stifled a laugh. Julian stepped forward to take the alive grasshopper. I stood in plain sight once he went away.

Wow, carelessness ran in the Crowells' blood.

"Sandy?" Jenna said right in front of me. Just the person I wanted to meet.

"Hey, Jenna." I waved.

Jenna looked at our group. Her gaze mostly lingered on Lucas and I. I wanted to run out of there. Crowells and Evans were never seen together. Well, not after Brandon left, anyways.

"Lucas and Sandy, why are you guys here? Piper and Julian said they were going out to dinner alone for Valentine's Day," Jenna stated confused.

Lucas looked at me in confusion and then at Julian and Piper.

"Huh?" he said, turning to look at Jenna. The grasshopper was still in his hand.

"Julian and Piper met us an hour ago or so. Piper told Gabe and I that both of them are a couple now, and they were going out to dinner," Jenna elaborated. "But there was no mention of you or Sandy."

I glared at Piper. She refused to meet my gaze. Why did she have to lie? Or open her mouth at all?

Everyone was quiet. Nobody had a reasonable excuse or explanation. Lucas seemed like he was thinking really hard which was probably unusual in his case.

"Well, Julian and I wanted Sandy to tag along with us," Piper said lamely.

Julian and I nodded, but it was half-hearted. No one looked like they believed the excuse.