Chapter 26 Wanna Kiss My Boo Boo?

Chapter 26: Wanna kiss my boo boo?

As Lucas leaned in to completely erase the gap between us, someone bumped into us. I saw a flash of black and white just as Lucas and I fell to the ground. I was unfortunately enough to be at the bottom of the dog pile.

"Get off me!" I shouted.

Slowly, the idiots--Lucas and Jordan--got off me. Jordan kept his mime up while Lucas clutched his shoulder. I held my right arm that had taken most of my weight and pain.

"I think I dislocated my shoulder," said Lucas as he rubbed his right shoulder. Then, he looked at me and grinned, "Wanna kiss my boo boo?"

"Aw," someone said from the audience.

"I'll punch," I muttered taking a step in his direction, " your damn-"

"Juliet!" Megan ran on stage in a hurry. I looked at her with confusion as she came to stand next to me. "Come on. I need to tell you something!" She pulled me away from the boys.

"What is it?" I asked once we were about ten feet away. People were still watching us. Lucas was aimlessly wandering around one of the couches, trying to get away from the mime/Jordan.

"Juliet, that was a Montague!" she said, nodding in Lucas's direction. "Romeo Montague. We need to leave this party, immediately."

I couldn't wait to get out, but it had to go with the play. I couldn't just be like "Let's get out. Hope I never see that idiot again." Right now, as Juliet, I said, "Mustn't we stay a little longer? He seems like a fine guy." I put on a pleading look which probably looked forced. I tried to get over the fact that I had said "mustn't." Weird.

"Come on, Juliet!" ordered Megan and dragged me off-stage.

Once away from all that nonsense, I sighed in relief. "Megan, thank you so much!"

She smiled. "Anytime, buddy. Though, Jordan was mad for being pushed. I couldn't think of anything else."

"It beats getting kissed by an idiot," I told her and then shuddered at the thought of what would have happened if Lucas had indeed kissed me.

He probably wouldn't be alive.

"So true," agreed my friend.

Friend?

Julian would be proud. I smiled at the thought and just shook my head. I was losing my marbles, for sure.

"You stole my spotlight, Sandy!" an angry voice shouted behind me.

I turned to find Jenna with a mad and sour look on her face. She had her arms crossed across her chest. Her once neatly held hair had many loose strands trying to escape. Jenna's eyes were yet another story. They were red and puffy, with make-up smudged.

"You ran offstage, Jenna," I said calmly.

"I was gonna come back!"

"When?"

"You beat me by five seconds!" I rolled my eyes at her statement.

"Jenna, get yourself together and listen to me," I said slowly, "Lucas muttered a lot of bull on stage. Now, the audience thinks you're Juliet's friend pretending to be Juliet. Julian is Paris, and I am Juliet. We can't change anything else right now. Lucas did a terrible plot twist."

Jenna pursed her lips and then huffed. "The next scene is the balcony scene!"

Megan and I looked at each other with realization. "You need to get dressed!" Megan panicked.

"I can't do this," I said shaking my head.

"Yes, you can. Come on," Megan said, dragging me towards the back room where the costumes were.