Chapter 16: Lockdown!

Lucas Crowell gave me a hug.

A hug.

That son of an idiot gave Cassandra Evans a hug.

I only had one response after Lucas refused to leave me.

A back handed punch to his nose. How convenient that he had rested his face on my shoulder. Lucas stumbled back a couple of feet, holding his nose. Julian and Cate gave me shocked looks. Cate got over it, quickly, but Julian stared at me.

I gave him a shrug. Lucas Crowell had asked for it.

"That was absolutely unecessary!" said Julian.

I gave him a I-don't-care look. Cate took a seat next to Julian. I think she was slightly afraid I might hit her. I probably wouldn't seeing as I was related to her. I didn't hit my family members even if I didn't like them too much.

"Ow," Lucas said, clutching his nose as he sat down next to me.

"Wow, you still have the guts to sit next to me," I said amazed.

"The things I do for you, Evans..." Lucas mumbled, shaking his head.

"Things you do to get hurt."

"It's okay. I can deal with you," he said, letting go of his nose which was surprisingly not bleeding. But then again, I never hit him that hard.

"You should apologize, Cassie," Julian said with a pointed look.

I rolled my eyes. "I don't use that term," I told him.

"Excuse me?"

"Julian, you can't make me say sorry to him. I was getting sexually harrased," I said stiffly.

Lucas and Julian both sighed. At the same time. Weirdos.

"How was a hug sexual harrassment?" asked Cate, giving me a confused look.

"It's sexual harrassment because it was without my consent. I did not want a hug. Just like you wouldn't want someone touching you wrong," I told her.

These people had a lot to learn. Cate raised her hands, clearly dropping the matter. Lucas was busy with his nose. Julian just stared at me.

"We'll talk about this later," Julian finally said, "I want to get on with what I had planned for today."

"The fact that Cate and I dislike each other?" I asked, trying to act casual.

"We have already gone over half of it, Cassie," sighed Julian. "All we need now is some communication."

"'Communication is the root of all good relationships,'" chanted Lucas. It was a quote our freshmen year Civics teacher often told us. Good man. Bad students in his class, though. Except me, of course.

"Shut up, Crowell. Let me get this over with and go home," I told him, annoyed.

Honestly, I was terrible at communication. I wasn't open about many things especially involving different relationships. For example, my relationship with Cate.

"What's there to talk about?" I asked Julian.

"First, I want both of you to pick out each other's flaws or things you don't like about each other," guided Julian.

Cate went first. "Well, nothing personal, Sandy," she began, "I really don't like your attitude, your hatred towards me, your...words. You say rude and mean things a lot. I really dislike how you became mean-er after he left."