Chapter 13: Fine China

Jamie's POV

I herd Tyler and Nicola come home and I knew that if I could help her it would be to tell her everything. If she knew everything than she wouldn't be so empty inside. I knock on her door and with little hesitation she opens it.

"Ty- oh jamie" she fake smiles, I can tell she feels uncomfortable.

"Can we talk?"

"Um I guess, I was just about to go to sleep"

"Please?"

"Okay come in" she opens the door wider and I take a seat on her bed that is still perfectly made.

"I think you deserve to know everything about...you" I sigh. I told her everything about the accident, about how close we were and how she originally couldn't stand Tyler but I didn't know if I had it in me to tell her about her brother

"And my family? No one has mentioned them, do I have a nephew or niece or even a sister-"

"A brother"

"H-how old?"

"He would have been 24" I sighed

"Would've?"

"It was when we were up in Canada visiting your brother Jake that he decided to stay at the rink longer. That night he got onto the highway and drunk driver struck him head on. He passed away right away. You were so heartbroken that even today I do not think you are completely healed. He was such a great influence in your life, you guys were so close. And it's just been....hard..."

"Jake" she whispered "This is the man in the pictures in my apartment?"

"Yes, when we returned from Canada I had helped you put them up"

"And the one I've written poems about?"

"I can't confirm that, I'm not aloud to read them"

"What about my parents? Are they alive?"

"They very much are but they are divorced. They split after your brother's passing. They both reside in New York"

I than begin to get up, I had told her all I could tell. That was it.

"Jamie" she calls out

"Huh Nic?"

"Thank you, this really helped" she smiles

"Nicola if you ever have questions please do not hesitate to ask" I say than close the door behind me before retreating to my room.

Jamie's POV

"How did it go?" questions Tyler

"I told her what I could"

"Don't be so hard on yourself, her memory will come back soon"

"I know but you still have to make sure your on her good side"

*

The guys were out again on a road trip and I was in my apartment on my couch. The picture of my brother and I stared at me. I was smiling so hard and he looked like he had just finished his game. I wonder what he was like, what where my parents like? I'm sure Jamie didn't know. I couldn't believe that I didn't like Tyler. He was so sweet, so caring.

I head to the kitchen and open the case of beer I had snuck out to get earlier. I open the bottle and take a small sip. It was bitter and gross but for some reason it made me feel so good. I drank the whole bottle and forgot everything else after that. I've been doing that quiet a lot lately. Passing out is so much better than being stuck in this stupid apartment complex. Jamie and Tyler don't want me going out with out them for they are to afraid I'll get lost. I'm glad they look out for me but it's annoying.

Tyler's POV

Another win in the books and it sure felt good. November was scowling inching closer and I found misled gazing at the calendar. The Boston bruins logo sat right on the fifth of November, it wasn't a game I was looking forward to emotionally.

"Hey you okay?" questions Jamie

"Huh? no... good game" I smiled

"Thanks"

"Wait" I call out

"Yea?"

"I wanna say thank you... for everything"

"Don't get all mushy on me Seguin" he than playfully punches me arm before going into the locker room

"When we get back to Dallas, you wanna go out for drinks?"

"I really don't wanna leave Nicola alone"

"Bring her" I smile

Nicola's POV

My first night out but I wasn't that excited. For some reason I feel like I'm just being baggage to Jamie and Tyler. I looked in the mirror and fixed the plane, long sleeved, black bodycon dress that I was wearing. I had found it at the back of my closet and paired with red bottom Louis Vuitton pumps. My hair was curled lightly and i just put on some mascara and eyeliner. I knock on Jamie's apartment door, followed by the knock was the bark of Marshall.

"Hold on" called out Jamie

He quickly unlocked the door and smiled as he checkout my outfit.

"Pretty as always" he smiles "And those are the shoes I gave you last christmas"

"Thank you?" I giggle. I was gonna try to seem as happy as possible, maybe it would help Jamie and I wouldn't feel so guilty. I walk into the apartment where Tyler is fixing his collar in the mirror. I stand there shy and quiet as I hold a little black clutch in my hand. Tyler looks up and seems almost stunned, he just kept staring which makes me blush.

"Woah Nic you look so gorgous, stunning" He swallows hard along with a chuckle

"You look good to, I like the beard your growing out" I smile

Tyler's POV

Jesus Christ Nicola looked fucking gorgous. She wasn't one of the girls you'd see at the club and say their hot and wanna fuck them. She was one of those gorgeous girls that you were to scared to even say hi to. We arrive to the club and are seated in the vip section where we wont be bothered by fans. However I manage to slip away to get some drinks. When I get back, Jordie is there siting with Jamie. Scott and trevor also showed up. I was kinda of looking forward to a night to relax with Jamie but that wasn't gonna happen.

"That's all you got?" Jordie hollers

"I didn't know you guys were coming" I sat the beers and bottle of vodka on the table. Out of the corner of my eye I can see Nic sitting by herslelf, occupying herself. I make my way over to her and see her playing candy crush.

"You don't seem to be having any fun" I yell in her ear over the music.

"Not really my thing" She yells back

"Come dance?"

"I don't think I can" She says embarrassingly

"Neither can I" I extend my hand, she's hesitant at first but takes it. We leave the vip section and make our way to the dance floor. Fine China by Chris Brown and I just let loose and sing to Nicola. She slowly gets comfortable and begins to move her hips, her dance got me hypnotized.

"Baby just go with it

'Cause when you're with me I can't explain it. It's just different. We can take it slow or act like you're my girl, let's skip the basics" I sing out and she sings long with me while her hips move side to side. Everyone else in the club hazes out and it's like all I can see is her.

"It's alright ,I'm not dangerous ,When you're mine ,I'll be generous, You're irreplaceable ,Collectible, Just like fine China"