Chapter 19

Katherine's pov

I walked into the kitchen expecting the crowded dining room but it was pretty much empty I sighed realizing the war was today.

I put the box of cereal I was going to eat back in the pantry where I had grabbed it out no longer feeling like eating. Daniel and the worriers are off waiting for an attack I sighed again. I'm not aloud outside for the war unless I'm forced out. Lilly walked in looking as depressed as me.

It was about 10 minutes after she had sat down that we heard the sound of people shifting, growling, and screaming. I stood as did Lilly but we both knew we couldn't go out there we would distract our mates and get them killed. I started passing back and forth hating that I can't do anything.

Daniels pov

I looked over at the house and saw Katherine and Lilly sitting at the table they both looked sad. I sighed I'd do anything to make her happy except put her life in danger.

I was surprised that she even agreed to stay in the house and not fight unless she had to.

"There're here" yelled on of my packs worriers. I shifted just as a bunch of hunters ran out with weapons meant to take us down.

I jumped on one hunter and bit his head off. Then I jumped on another and did the same thing. I felt something cut my side and let out a howl of rage. A hunter had cut my side with a knife.

I hit his head with my claws taking him down instantly. I looked around to see the rest of my pack fighting we seem to be winning. I did not how ever see Luke anywhere.

I saw a hunter trying to sneak attack one of my beta. I pounced on the hunter and killed him instantly. All the hunters that had come with Liam where now dead. But again where i Liam. I look around just as Lilly ran out of the house and to her mate. "Liam is inside" she said between pants of breath. I started running inside when I heard the sound of a gun shot filled the air. The secant of hood filled the air also the blood came from my mate i ran faster to get inside.

Katherine's pov

Suddenly Lilly screamed and I turned to see that a few of the hunters had made it inside. One of them had Lilly pinned against a wall holding a knife to her neck. I felt midnight get mad just as mad as me no one and i mean no one touches a member of my pack.

Before I knew what I was doing I had picked up a knife. I turned and throw it into the hunters back. "Lilly behind me now" I told her she nodded and got behind me. I throw two more knives into the other two hunters slowing then down.

I grabbed Lilly's hand and pulled her through the house until we were stopped by Liam at the front door. I turned to Lilly "run" I told her. She started to protest but I shut her up and pushed her in the other direction she took off.

"Well hello princess" Liam said I glared at him. Glancing over my shoulder to see if Lilly had gotten away. Thankfully she has. I looked at Liam he had a sick twisted looking grin that mad his face look creepy and scary. "Ready to die?" he asked "I don't know are you" I simply said back.

His expression turned cold "I'm going to enjoy this" he said with that sick grin back on his face. He game at me and I throw him into the wall. It only served to piss him off he came back and punched me in the ribs god did that hurt.

I finally shifted and scratched his side deep. He fell to his knees I was about to finish him off when he pulled a gun and shot me in the side just as I bit his head off. I shifted back into my human form and touched my side where the bullet went through. I can't even feel the pain that I should feel.

I finally fell backwards just to be caught by Daniel he gently lowered me to the ground. I watched hid face as he spoke words i could no longer hear. I could feel my seances leaving me as i grew weaker. I saw tears start to fall from Daniels face "i love you" i whispered out weakly before my eyes rolled back and the darkness pulled me in i vaguely heard Daniel tell me to stay with him but it was already to late the darkness had pulled me in.

All i could see was black i kept trying to find a light or something to help me see but all there is, is darkness everywhere. Suddenly I saw a faded light and as it grew closer i realized it was the moon goddess. "Am i dead?" I asked her "no child not yet" she replied i looked at her confused "you have a choice" i waited for her to continue "you can keep fighting and make it back to your mate and brother or you can give up and become the moon goddess now" she finished.

Giving up felt like a good idea i feel so week and tired and letting the darkness take me completely would be so easy. I started thinking about Daniel how would my dying effect him and everyone else would they be better off with out me. I thought for a moment no i need to get back to him my mate he needs me and I need him "i will fight" i told her "very well child" she said before disappearing and leaving me in the darkness once more.

"Please wake up" i vaguely heard Daniels voice break through the darkness and other sounds came crashing in like the beeping of the heart monitor. I slowly opened my eyes and blinked I looked over at Daniel to see he looked horrible his hair was mess the had a beard starting to grow and he looked like he had been crying for days. He wasn't looking at me so i reached for his hand and he finally looked at me and he started crying as a huge smile broke out across his face "thank god" he whispered

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Hey guys here is an update i can't believe this book i going to come to an end soon i think it has a few chapters left in it and I'm going to be really sad when this one ends since it is my most popular and Seconded book I've wrote. This is also my fav book that I've written and it feels like i only started writing it yesterday. Well I'm going to try and drag it out as long as I can

Love u all

-kat