In the Camp

Samual's P.O.V

"Did you hear that?" Carst asks. "Yes, a gunshot." I say while taking my gun from its holster. Bob takes out his rifle. "Hey, remember what I said, we're taking her Alive." I say to Bob as I hand him a small crossbow with a needle on it. "Shoot this. She'll be out in no time." Bob takes it with a deep sigh. I'm the leader now, since dad is died. I make the decisions." When I saw Casper, Ellie and Y/N together, I saw how much they all cared about each other. Even though They've only known Y/N for two weeks. And I just don't want to take that from my brother. "Are you coming?"  Bob asks. I nod. Bob looks down the stairs. "No one." He says. "Keep your eyes on that staircase." I say. I walk to my horse and take out a crossbow as well. "I got her!" I hear Bob say. I run to the staircase. Y/N is on the stairs. "Y/N no!" I hear. "You get her, I'll check downstairs." I say as I walk past her. Making sure I don't step on her. When I'm down I don't see anyone. I scan the room and see a crack in the wall. Ellie's eyes flicker in the light coming from outside. I hesitate, but decide to let them where they are.

Ellie's P.O.V

We stayed in the sewers for thirty minutes. Making sure Samual and the rest left. Left with Y/N. "Samual saw us." I say as I put my hair up. "What, how do you know?"  He asks. "He looked me straight in the eyes." I say as I grab the bag I dropped. "How far is your base?" I ask. "Samual's base is thirty minutes from here. But it's the opposite direction from the library." I nod. "Then we should get going." I say with a sharp voice.

Joel's P.O.V

Just as we're about to climb back on our horses after some much-needed sleep, someone yells at me, "Down from that horse!" I put my hands up and carefully let myself slide out of my saddle. Tommy follows my actions.   "What are you doing here?" The man asks. "We're looking for two girls." The man still aims the gun at me and Tommy. "Wo are you?" The man asks. I exchange a look with Tommy and speak up. "I'm Joel" Tommy look at me. "And I'm his brother." Tommy quickly adds. "I don't suppose their names are Y/N and Ellie?" My eyes light up. "Yes, do you know where they are?" I lower my hands a bit, But the man clearly doesn't want me too. "And why would I tell you?" He looks between me and Tommy. "Because..." I look at Tommy, who has his look fixed on his boots. "Because I'm  her father" Tommy looks up as soon as the words leave my mouth. The man lowers the gun slightly. "They left eight or so days ago. We need to know if they're safe." Tommy says, lowering hiss hands. "We gave them some food and they left." The man says. "Can you bring us to where they went?" I ask. "Yeah, they went to the library." He says. "I'll show you." We take our horses and the man leads us to a small town. "What is your name?" Tommy asks. "Thomas," He says. "I'm Tommy." Thomas smiles and so do I. When we reach the town Thomas gives us some food and we thank him. We leave on our horses, going as fast as they can. Travelling to the library. 

Ellie's P.O.V

 "We have to go get her." Casper nods, hesitantly. We walk up the stairs and I blink at the bright light. "Where do we go?" I ask. "Right, through the forest. Just keep going the same direction." I nod and start running. "don't you think we need a plan. I mean, you can't just barge in there, They'll kill you on the spot." I stop and turn around. "I'll be your prisoner. We'll walk in and they'll throw me in a cell close to Y/N, then when it's night. You break us out." I say and I start running again. "Ellie, wait!" I don't wait. We wait she dies. And I need Y/N. 

I run through the forest, hearing Casper's steps behind me. "Ellie, slow down. They patrol in this area." I sigh and slow down. Casper grabs my hands behind my back and we walk together. "Who is that!" I hear, yelling through the quiet forest. "It's Casper!" Casper yells back. "Great to have you back!" the voice says. "That is Levi, we can trust him, he's my best friend." He says. "Are you sure?" I ask. He nods and we walk toward the camp. After ten minutes of walking, we reach a gate and Casper yells: "Samual, I'm back!" The gate opens and Samual strolls out. "Casper, you're safe." He says as he hugs Casper. "What are you doing?" Casper says as he pushes him away. I moved to the side, seeing everything happening. "We all thought you died." Casper scoffs. "And since when do you care?" He asks. "Since you're my brother." Samual says. Casper let's go of my hands and before I know it he hits Samual in the face with his fist. Samual falls to the ground and stays there. We walk past Samual into the camp. I look behind me and Samual stays outside, On the ground. "Where is Y/N?" Casper asks. "I'll show you." someone says with a scared voice. We follow the girl and she leads us to a cell. Y/N is on the ground. I pull loose from Casper's grip and fall to my knees.  "Y/N, it's me" I say as I reach through the bars to touch her knee. "Don't!" Casper screams. But he's too late. I scream and jump back from the cell, holding my arm. "What the fuck is wrong with you people? Putting a cell, no not even a cell, a fucking cage, under electricity?" I stand up. "Open it, now!" I say. "I can't, they were already suspicious about you, I can't take her out." He says. I hit him in his face. He stumbles back. "Ellie, Calm down, think about the plan." He takes my hands to stop me from hitting him again. I calm down and Breathe in. 

Casper opened the cell next to Y/N and I step in. "I'll get you out tonight." He says as he closes the door. The electricity jumps on and I flinch. Casper sighs. "This is a bad idea."