Caring deeply

Y/N has to stop me from hitting him again and pulls me back. "Ellie, calm down!" She says. I pull away from her. "I'm calm, but you can't expect me to be fine with him being here." I say and I leave.

I'm at the shooting range and grabbed my gun. I shoot the target and hit every bullet in the middle of the head. The door opens behind me and I turn around. Joel is in the opening. "Ellie, I- I'm so, so sorry." He says. I shoot again after changing the magazine. "You're sorry? I'm not getting that vibe to be honest." I say. "Ellie, please. I had no other choice." I turn around and look him dead in the eye. "You had no choice?" I say. "There is always a choice. I can take care of myself! And you know it!" I yell at him. "Ellie, please you have to believe me." I smile as I put the gun down. "If you're done lying to me, then you should stop lying to yourself. Because you know damn well that there is a choice." I storm past him but he takes my arm. "Let go of me." I say with a calm but threatening voice. Joel doesn't let go so I pull myself loose.

Back home I dive in bed with my face pressed in the pillow. Rage overtakes me and I start hitting the pillow as hard as I can. I scream and hit again, and again until someone takes my arms and pulls me up into his chest. It's Peter. I cry in his shirt and he holds me. I have the feeling he is the only person who doesn't hate me hate except for Y/N. "I've got you." He says and he let's go of me. I wipe away the tears and sit up. "Thanks Pete." I say. Y/N knocks on the door. "Ellie, can I talk to you?" Peter looks at me and I slightly nod. He leaves and Y/N joins me on the bed.

Y/N's P.O.V

I can't stay here. I just can't. With Joel and Casper, and everything that happened. But I don't want to leave Ellie. "Ellie, I can't, I can't." I sigh. "You can't what?" She asks, her eyes are still red. I hesitate. "I can't, believe you did that. Hitting Casper." I say with a smile. Ellie smiles as well. Her lips are beautiful. I can't stop myself and kiss her.

She takes my hips and sits on my lap. I cup her face and fall back on the bed. I laugh as we hit the bed pretty hard. "Shit, I left the door open!" I say. Ellie gets of me and I get up. I close the door. "Where were we?" I ask. I get back on the bed and Ellie gets back on me. We kiss more and then Ellie gets up. She looks at me and then at her shirt. I nod and She takes it off. I let my hands slide along her body. I get up a bit and take my shirt off as well. Ellie kisses my chest. We roll over and are next to each other. I unclip Ellie's bra and it falls off. We kiss again. Someone knocks on the door. Ellie gets off of me. and covers herself under the blankets. "Who is it?" I ask. "Joel." I hear a sad voice say. "Hand me my shirt please?" Ellie says as she gets up. I give it to her and she puts it on. I also put mine on. Ellie looks at me. She opens the door. "What do you want." She says harshly. "I wanted to give you this." He says as he hands her a bottle like thing, wrapped in paper. She takes it and opens it. She looks at Joel. "You got it." She says. "Yeah, I went back." Joel says. "Thank you." Ellie says. Joel walks away and Ellie sits next to me on the bed. Ellie puts her head on my shoulder and closes her eyes. "What is it?" I ask. "It's a bottle. I saw it on patrol but Joel said I couldn't take it. but he went back and got it anyway." She says. I nod. "Ellie, I have to tell you something." I say. Ellie snores. I look at her and she is asleep. I left her head and Get her under the covers. I get out myself and Put on my shoes. I walk to the closet and take an extra shirt out. I put it in my backpack. While doing so, I see F/B. I take it out and put it on Ellie's nightstand. I take some paper and a pen and write a note. I take my gun and swing the backpack around my shoulder. "I'm sorry." I say. I leave the room, and the house. I walk to the stables and search for Arthur. I find him next to Gaia. I put his saddle on and hoist myself up. I ride to the gate and stop.

Ellie's P.O.V

I wake up in the bed alone again. I look around me and see a note on my nightstand. It has my name on it.