Mirror

The clock struck at midnight 12 along with a ding-dong which echoed throughout the mansion.

Lifting her long dress, Princess Della rushed to her room. Her anklet made a soft clink with every step she took towards her room.

She closed the door to her room, until then the sound of the clock had stopped and silence had flooded through the empty mansion.

It was completely dark and cold inside. Except for the dullmoonlight coming through the slits between the curtains, there was no light available anywhere.

The princess took a candle from the drawer and lit it. She stood before the huge mirror, a smile playing on her her rosy lips.

She stood there admiring herself: long curly golden hair, bright blue eyes, healthy skin, a tall and lean figure which would allure anyone.

Her face having a golden glint due to the candle light.

"Mirror mirror on the wall who is the prettiest of them all?" she whispered to large oval-shaped mirror with beautiful golden border.

"You. Princess Della, is you." And then the whole room was filled with soft giggles.

"If only mirrors could talk," she said with a sigh, still smiling.

"I don't need to ask a filthy piece of glass whether I am beautiful or not. I know that there is no comparison to me. I am the most beautiful girl," she said confidently to her reflection.

Suddenly the candle in her hand extinguished and the room once again was engulfed by darkness.

The princess sucked in a sharp breath. She was startled by the sudden dark. But again the light on the candle came back but only in her reflection's hand.

What was that?

She wondered. Suddenly her reflection shifted a bit

Was she hallucinating things? Maybe not...

"Mirror mirror on the wall," a raspy, hoarse voice said. "Who's the ugliest of them all." Now princess Della could bet it was her own voice but a little hoarse.

Later did she realize that the voice was coming from the mirror! From her own reflection!

Being afraid she took a cautious step back. But her reflection didn't move an inch. Instead a nasty smiled played on it's lips.

Suddenly its face started turning completely pale, eyes sunkend in and became hollow, her hair started falling off its head making it partially bald, blood dripped from its lips and eyes but still a sinister smile played on its lips.  That smirk never left for its face.

"You! You are the ugliest!" The reflection said.

"Ugly"

"You"

"You"

"Ugly"

The words hung in the air and Della closed her ears and shut her eyes tightly.

Suddenly all the noises stopped followed by a deafening silence.

She opened her eyes only to realize that she was trapped.

Trapped in the Mirror.