Help.... Part two

Rhea was pulled back before the chandelier could fall on her. She bumped into a hard body. Her eyes were tightly shut and she decided to stay like that for few for seconds.

"Are you alright?" She immediately looked up at her saviour and involuntarily took few steps back. She winced as she realised that few pieces of glass were pricked in her calf.

"Don't move! Let me help you," said the guy as he crouched and gently pulled out the glass.

Rhea on the other hand touched his cheek with her forefinger and asked, "Are you for real?"

"Excuse me?" He chuckled.

"Since I've entered this place I'm seeing and hearing things for a moment and then the next they are gone," she explained.

"So, you guess, if I sustain here with you then I'm real and if not then maybe.... I'm a ghost," he said, the last especially in a hushed tone.

"Anyway, I'm Rhea. I came here searching for a cricket ball which flew  inside this place."

"I'm Daniel Walker, you can thank me later for saving your life, I'm working on a college project, you see," he said waving the camera and notebook before her.

Again everything went dead silent and Rhea heard some whispers. But this time they were not in her head. They were coming from the west gates of the mansion.

"Can you hear it?" She asked Daniel.

"Hear wha-whoa!" Before he could finish his sentence Rhea dragged him towards the voices and as she got closer the voices got more louder and clearer. They were now at the west gates but the voices went silent.

"I swear I heard someone here!" Rhea cried.

"You see, no one's here," Daniel shrugged.

"You know the reason why they call this place haunted?"

"Yeah, They say there was this princess who broke the rules and married some random foreign traveller during the battle with the neighbouring country and her brother; the king claimed that punishment was equal for everyone and sentenced her to death," he said and an anonymous expression swirling in his eyes.

"That's so bad," I continued,"But how do you know so much about the story."

"Well, I do my research," he smiled.

They both walked up the stairs and chatted for few minutes.

"So what was the name of this princess?" Rhea asked.

"Lorraine Weilder."

"And the traveller she fell in love with?" Before he could answer her they heard a loud scream from the chambers and the both of them ran towards the source.

Panting, they both reached there and saw three guards pulling a young lady down the staircase. Rhea recognized her as the girl she saw at the door with blood covered hands.

Wait was she real?

She was pulled out of her thoughts by another scream as she saw them drag the lady down harshly. Her forehead and lips were bleeding and there were many other wounds visible on her body.

"Please...let go," the lady said with much difficulty. And an iron rod was slapped across her face which left an ugly bruise on her face.

Rhea immediately ran to help her but Daniel pulled her back and mouthed a 'No'.

She saw the three bulky men hit her harder as she landed on the floor but again the men yanked her up by her hair while the other one pulled a sword.

"We need to help her!" Rhea exclaimed as she freed herself from Daniel's grip and ran.

The man raised his sword and aimed it at the stomach and swung it. But Rhea stood in between the guard and the lady as the guard pushed the sword further and blood splattered everywhere. But Rhea felt no pain. She didn't even feel the sword. It went  right through her again and she felt nothing but the lady behind her gasped in pain. Rhea realized that it wasn't her's but the lady's blood. The lady collapsed on the floor. Her body passed right through Rhea as she fell down.

Suddenly everything vanished into thin air. And Rhea was left there standing alone with an concealed Daniel on the stairway. The only thing that was left were the light blood stains on the floor.

"No...no, no, no, NO! THAT Didn't just happen." Said an aggravated Rhea.

"Yes it did," she heard Daniel say as he held her hand.

"What we saw was the princess Lorraine's death. How she was killed..I read it..And it happened in the exact same way."

Rhea was still moved by that incident. She blinked and rubbed her eyes in frustration.

"I-I don't know what's happening," she said on the verge of crying.

"A-and what about the t-traveller ....was he killed but them?" She asked.

"No, he wasn't. Not all ghost have a tendency to harm others. Some just want justice for themselves....or for others," And again there we this bizarre expression on his face.

"What do you mean?"

"The traveller wanted justice but no one ever helped him. He died waiting for people to understand him and help him but nobody helped him ever."

"What was his name?"

"Daniel Walker."

************************************

Vote and comment if you like the story.