Eyes

The party was almost over and people had started leaving.

After throwing up twice, Josh sat on the couch quietly and closed his eyes. The music had stopped and the room was filled with silence. The party was at Josh's house.

"Hey! Josh, feelin' better?" Asked Alex.

Alex was his best friend, but today Josh felt that something was off with him. He usually carried the -party hard, flirt more, have sex- tag with him. But today he didn't seem much interested in it. Today he sat in one corner with a bottle of beer in his hand. He never once did talk to anyone and neither did join others on the dance floor.

"No..." Josh stated.

"So you're leaving?" He asked.

"Yeah, and take care," said Alex in a rough and deeper voice and walked away.

Josh, a moment later, again felt the urge to vomit. He picked himself up with great difficulty and walked into the bathroom. He saw a figure standing there.

But everyone left the party, he thought.

"Wh-ho is there?" He got a little closer when the figure suddenly jerked but it didn't turn back.

"Whoah! Man you scared me!" He recognized the person standing there.

"I thought you left. What are you doing here, Alex?" He asked but he didn't say a word.

"Hey, you there?" No reply.

Alex stood there frozen.

"Alex?" Again, silence.

Finally Josh placed a hand over his shoulder and Alex turned around.

He just stood there looking at Josh.

"Are you alright?" Josh asked and stepped a little closer.

That's when he took a clear look at his face. It was pale and void of any expression but his eyes were wide.

Suddenly his one eye poped out of it's socket followed by the other as blood splattered everywhere around along with the white tiles of the bathroom.