37: The Night Blaze Set Me on Fire

Emil's POV

"You look better, son. Things going in your own way?" My father lunged on the seat in front of me while I continued on reading the stat on one of my branches. Why did everyone say I look better? I feel better but do I look better? What changed in my appearance?

"You know, I am starting to get bothered by that comment, dad. What changed? I dressed and present myself as usual. I even have my own stylists to do their job so I look presentable on TV." He laughed before pulling the paper I have in my hands.

"Son, your face is brighter now. You look full of life. Sure, you looked good as usual, since you're my son..." He mumbled the last part proudly while looking at me.

"But you really look better. Your face? I cannot describe it. It's like you're... glowing? Is that the right term? It's like there's a spotlight directly pointed at you." I just chuckled shaking my head while dad had his hands forward, his index fingers and thumbs forming a square shape as if putting me on his imaginary frame.

"Sure, sure. Anything else you wanna say, dad?" I took back what he has taken from me and signed it.

"Are you seeing someone?" He asked all of a sudden, his body leaning towards me in interest and excitement sparkling in those sapphire blue eyes like mine.

"WHAT?! NO! Why would you think of such thing?" I huffed out a breath. Seriously, they need to chill the fuck out and leave me alone with my love life. I didn't want anyone pushing me. I still was making myself comfortable with Biya again with our friendship and the guys close to me have been acting like pricks.

"It's either that or you have reunited with Biya." I went silent at his statement and he gaped.

"Oh! So you got back to her? You're back together-"

"Dad! Seriously! You all are giving me a headache. I am content with her being my friend right now and you are messing with my mind. I want to respect her decision but you keep pushing me." I cut him off to which he frowned upon.

"Son, we are all worried about you."

"Well, you shouldn't. I can take care of myself." He looked at me as if I was joking.

"Are you going to pull that card on me? You cannot lie to me. You are my son and I know that you are only lost. And you can take care of yourself? Come on, Emil! We know better than that. You barely got through a day without our help and now that you got your communication back with Biya, you are saying that just because you feel at ease with your situation." I didn't reply and remained silent while he gave me one of the lectures for the day. For the past few weeks, they all began lecturing me with this kind of stuff and I had stood my ground a couple of times. However, after a couple of tries to explain myself in front of them, I gave up and just let them talk.

"If you think she is worth fighting back, push all insecurities and fears behind and fight for her. They say that if you become friends with your ex, it's either she didn't love you from the start or she still loves you. It's obvious that Biya was in love with you when you were together. I think she still loves you but is afraid of admitting it."

"We became friends to avoid further confusion and assumptions between us, dad. That's it."

"But you still love her, don't you?" My chest tightened and I fell silent.

"Tell me." His voice filled with authority only he can pull on me and I surrendered in his intense gaze.

"Yeah. I still love her."