50: The Day I was Ambushed

Biya's POV

The day I had to go back to work was bittersweet. I didn't want to let go of Geno but I had to in order to protect him. My parents promised they'll visit me in Rome so I can have some time with my son and I appreciated that from them. I didn't want to leave Geno with Maria apartment. It was safer this way. The Moretti Mansion is a place full of security personnel due to the high profiles of my family. It's better this way. This won't take long. I'll catch who Vicenzio is as soon as possible. I kissed my son one more time on both cheeks before bidding goodbye.

"Be safe, okay? Call me if you need anything." Mom spoke while trying to make Geno calm down. He was crying loudly and it broke my heart to leave him this way. I really don't want to leave him.

"I will. I'll see you soon!" I said.

"Emil! Take care of her. Remember what we talked about." Dad spoke this time, his eyes shooting at Emil with a death glare.

"I will, Sir. Thanks for having me."

"Be safe!" They both waved goodbye and I went to his car. Emil opened the door for me and I thanked him before going in. He closed the door and waved a hand again at my family before rounding the car, opened the door and got in.

"Are you ready?" He asked pulling his seatbelt on. I was reminded of that and did the same.

"Yes." I looked at the side mirror and watched mom calm Geno down. My vision began to blur and a second later, tears streamed down my face.

"I don't want to go back." I cried, my hands covering my face as I broke down.

"Biya." I heard him speak my name before I felt his hand gently hold my wrist.

"Can I hold you?" He has never been like this to me before. I froze for a second, looking at him in surprise at his action before nodding. He would do whatever he wanted with me before, only asking permission when we're in bed. He was an impulsive man, a ruthless one in the business world and a man wanting to dominate everything in his path but why was he like this now? Was he soft too in public? His hand let go of my wrist, slid to my hand and intertwined our hands together. He held me tight and he pulled my hand gently with his and kissed the back of my hand.

"It's going to be okay, Biya. This is just temporary. Do you want Geno to stay with you? We can do something about that without risking your safety and his safety." He suggested and I looked at him for a second.

"You'll do that? He's my son, Emil. He's my responsibility. Not yours." I replied and he smiled before leaning towards me.

"Biya, you love your son and I have grown to love him too. I will do what's best for you and your son. You don't have to do this alone. I spoke to your dad about your well-being and I mentioned Geno too. I'll do everything in my power to protect you both." I broke down as he finished his sentence and he unbuckled his seatbelt and gave me a hug.

"Let's go back to Rome and arrange everything there. Then, we can take Geno there and make sure you will never have to worry about him getting hurt by Vicenzio. "

"Thank you, Emil. Thank you so much." I sobbed and I felt his hand rub my back.

"It's not a problem, Biya. For you and Geno's, I will never let anyone hurt you both." His voice was full of promises and I knew he was determined to make it possible. Emil, you're the man who didn't just focus on me but you focused on my son's well-being as well. From the bottom of my heart, thank you. I hugged him back. A moment later, we broke out from our embrace and in the perfect time, my dad knocked on Emil's door.