47: The Day We Healed Our Wounds

Biya's POV

Following the ambulance where Milos was in being taken care of was really stressful. The fact that he had a stab wound worried me. Adding the broken rib or two that he had, he was at risk.

"Biya. Don't worry. They're taking care of him already. He's a fighter." Emil who was driving held my shaking hand tightly. I was still shaking. I was still fearing for my life, Emil's life, Milos', my friends and my family's lives. They can do whatever they want. They could spill blood. Vicenzio was that desperate? He was a mad man.

"I know but what if his body can't? You saw his injuries, Emil. He's really in a bad state right now." I felt guilty for treating him wrongly. I shouldn't have been so snobbish at him when he only wanted to take care of me. He only wanted to protect me.

"We're near the hospital and help is there for him. I can see in him that he's a tough guy. Plus, you will be there. We're going to make sure he's going to live." He spoke softly in assurance. He let my hand go as he changed gears again and zoomed past the cars, following the ambulance. Looking out of the window, I saw that we were getting near the hospital. I have already texted my parents about the situation and also Elda. I was not confident of her being alone in there so I told her to stay in the hospital until I get home. She was now waiting for us in the emergency room. I huffed out a breath, anxious and afraid of what was coming ahead. Milos was hurt. I don't know what game that Vicenzio was playing. Plus, the fact that those medical team have seen me and Emil together was giving me a headache. What if they talk? What if they are going to tell the world? The media? I wasn't ready. Not yet. I bit my lip, really uncomfortable and overwhelmed with what was happening right now. Vicenzio killed two birds with one stone. I can imagine him laughing at me.

"Biya? You okay?"

"The medical team in there..." I pointed at the ambulance in front of us.

"They saw us, Emil. What if they-they talk?" I was really scared that the media will make us get exposed earlier than expected. I didn't want this to happen. Emil had this tense look on his face and I knew that he was thinking about it too.

"They won't. I'll talk to them."

"But if they will?"

"I'll call my lawyer." He responded trying to work this out. A sigh escaped from my lips, tired of hiding from people and scared of the future. He was silent the rest of the ride until we arrived in the hospital. He told me that I should go in first and he'll be there. Marcus was there by my side in an instant the moment I stepped out of the vehicle and Emil instructed him to never leave my side.

"Elda! Elda! Where is he?" I ran across the hallway getting Elda's attention. She was looking haggard and tired and I felt guilty for making her stay here for another hour or two until it was safe to go back in the apartment.

"What happened, Biya? Are you hurt? Your bodyguard has been taken care of. They're preparing for surgery." She gave me medical apparatus as we prepared to go to the OR and watch the operation.

"Okay. I'm okay, El. I'm fine. Is he going to be okay?" I spoke in between breaths as we ran across the hall.

"I overheard them telling the doctor he has multiple stab wounds."

"No bullets?" I was huffing out of breath and Marcus who was behind us told me to slow down. I couldn't. It was as if my feet were moving on their own. I wanted to see Milos. I wanted to make sure he was going to be safe. We arrived at the room where a huge glass window separated us from the operating room which was happening a few feet under us. No doctor was there watching and we were the only people who were there. I took a look and they were now preparing him for surgery.