Episode Four: "Chasing Midnight"

I want to wish a happy birthday to painfulxlust, one of my readers! Hope it's a great one!

Also, this will be releasing on Easter Sunday. Just wanted to say, whether you're a Christian or not, Jesus died to save YOU from your SINS. He made the ULTIMATE sacrifice, so we didn't have to.

"Therefore whoever confesses Me before men, him I will also confess before My Father who is in heaven. But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven." Matthew 10:32-33.

Everyone rushed to the infirmary. Aasim and Louis placed Ruby on the vacant medical bed.

"Fuck. What the hell are we going to do?" Aasim asked, panic in his voice.

Clementine looked at the bite mark on Ruby's left shoulder. "Damn. I'm sorry, Aasim, but I don't know what we can do. That's not in a place we can just hack off," she sighed.

"God damnit. Wait! Maybe that Gabe guy has someone with medical knowledge!" he said frantically. "I'll take Louis and go ask!"

"Woah, woah, woah, Aasim. Don't go volunteering me for any shit," Louis sneered.

"Louis, Ruby might die! You would just let that happen?" Aasim pleaded.

"Yeah! Aasim's right!" Willy agreed.

Louis sighed. "You're right. We have to try. She would do it for any of us."

They looked at Clem in unison. She nodded back in approval, and the pair left the infirmary. She then turned to Violet.

"We need to...restrain her. In case, ya know. It'll be easier while she's passed out," she said.

Violet gave a nod. "You're right. I guess that way if she turns it won't go to complete shit."

Violet retrieved an old leather belt from the corner of the infirmary. Clem watched as she wrapped it around Ruby's arm and the railing on the bed, pulling it tight. "There. That should hold if she turns," Violet remarked.

"Let's hope. And honestly, it's not a matter of if. It's a matter of when."

Clem felt A.J. tug at her side. "Ruby's gonna die, isn't she?" he asked.

"We don't know for sure, kiddo. We just have to wait, and be prepared for the worst."

"Well, I hope she's gonna be okay. I like her."

A sad expression covered Clem's face. "Me too, kiddo. Me too."

An hour passed before Louis and Aasim returned. They were accompanied by Gabe and a woman, who appeared to be pregnant. Clem sat on the steps of the Admin building as they approached.

"Clem, they had someone with medical experience. This is Maiya," Louis said, motioning to the girl.

Clem stood up and shook Maiya's hand. "Clementine. Nice to meet you, Maiya, and thank you for coming, although I don't know if there's much you can do."

Maiya smiled. "Nice to meet you, too, Clementine. Gabe has told me a lot about you. You're something of a badass, huh?"

Clem laughed. "Yeah, a one-and-a-half legged badass. Come on, this way."

The group made their way to the infirmary, where Maiya began examining Ruby's bite mark. "Damn. Not a much worse place to get bit. You can't cut it off without risking major blood loss. I don't think there's anything I can do for her. I'm sorry..." she said apologetically.

Aasim dropped to his knees in agony. "No! No! Please... Ruby."

Clem heard a moan slip out of Maiya, her hand on her swollen stomach. Gabe rushed to her side.

The Walking Dead: InfinityOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara