Chapter 16

Credits go tobbrayntonYouTube

He strummed a little and finally looked up at me. "I wrote this song before I left Louisiana and I wanted to play it for you...if you don't care."

"I'd love it to hear it." I smiled. He looked relieved. "It's called 'If You Told Me To.'" And he started playing.

Well I've been searching for something true

My heart says it must be you

I'd love to fall and see it through

But only if you told me to

I got lost in the sound of his voice. I completely forgot about everything that happened today.

Well I'd run through the desert, I'd walk through the rain

Get you into trouble, and take all the blame

I'd paint you a picture, write you a song

He looked up at me and our eyes locked and I blushed.

And I'd do it all over if I did it all wrong

I don't wanna steal you away

Or make you change the things that you believe

I just wanna drink from the words you say

And be everything you need

Yeah I could be so good at loving you

But only if you told me to

I've seen a lot of good love go to waste

And I don't wanna look back on these days

Knowing all the things you'd never know

If I never said a word and let you go

I don't wanna steal you away

Or make you change the things that you believe

I just wanna drink from the words you say

And be everything you need

Yeah I could be so good at loving you

But only if you told me to

There was a knock at the door and I turned quickly and saw Lynette standing at the door.

"What time do you have to be home,sweetie?" I quickly looked around the room,searching for a clock. "8:45." Hunter looked at his watch. "Don't worry. It's only 5:15." I relaxed a little. I looked at Lynette and smiled. "Okay. I didn't want you to get in trouble." And she disappeared from the doorway.

I turned to Hunter. He got up and put his guitar on the stand. "What you think of it?" I loved it... I really did. "I liked it." I smiled. "Let's see if my dad is downstairs. I want you to meet him." And he held out his hand. I carefully placed my hand in his and stood up then quickly pulled away..

We walked down the stairs in silence. When we reached the final step, he just stopped and turned to me. "I have to tell you something." I was afraid of what he was fixing to say. "I...I...I was wondering if you're busy this weekend.." For some reason, I felt like this isn't what he really wanted to tell me. "It depends on what my parents have me doing this weekend." He nodded slightly and he turned from me.

I'm actually quite jealous of him. He has a wonderful family. Something that I only wished I had.