Chapter 22

This is why I'm sitting in Hunter's car with a sore cheek that's possibly bruised. How can I just tell someone something like that? I mean I can't believe that my own dad smacked me. We were turned on to my street and I came back to reality. "I guess I'll see you tomorrow." I nodded. "Tell your mom and dad that I said hi." We pulled into the driveway. Hunter turned the car off and started to get out when I stopped him. "I think that it'd be better if you didn't walk me to the door this time, Hunter." He looked at me like he was a little confused. I don't blame him. I couldn't tell him what happened. Not yet.

"Thanks for the ride home, Hunter. I'll see you tomorrow at school." I got out of the car and started walking toward the house. He waited until I got to the porch before he started pulling out of the driveway. I grabbed the door handle and sighed. I slowly turned the knob and walked in. Dad was sitting at the table. I didn't bother putting my backpack by the door. Dad stood up from the table and he saw me on the second step before he stopped me. "Hey.. Uhh Danielle. Can we talk for a little bit?" I turned around and I stood on the stair.

"I kinda got out of control yesterday." Oh. Ya think? I just stood there and didn't say anything. "And I wanted to apologize." He had something in his hand. "I went out and got you something." And he held up a phone. " I bought you a phone..." I hope that he doesn't expect a Samsung Galaxy would make me forget what he did. Mom came to the kitchen and laid a piece of paper with a bunch of names and numbers on it.

"I took the time to write down some numbers that were in my phone." I grabbed the paper and the phone and headed upstairs. As I looked over the names and numbers, I noticed that Hunter's number was at the top.

Grandma Harper 423-3421

Hunter 423-5671

Mom 423-9054

Grandma Ruth 423-08713

Uncle Terry 270-4573

Aunt Lena 216-1024

I took me about 30 minutes to add the numbers to my phone. I heard knocking at my door. "Come in." And the door opened with my dad standing at the door. "So how do you like your new phone?" I shrugged. "I like it..Thanks." He backed out of my room and closed the door. Well, so much for talking I guess. I guess Hunter will be happy to know that I have a phone now.

**Sorry for the short chapter**