7

"Holy fuck, was I wrong or what?" I breathe heavily, panting out after placing the last relatively small box in the back of Reece's Jeep in order to bring it to the new apartment

"Holy fuck, was I wrong or what?" I breathe heavily, panting out after placing the last relatively small box in the back of Reece's Jeep in order to bring it to the new apartment. Reece and I had to move all of my belongings by ourselves and to say that it was difficult would be an understatement.

"We're hiring professionals next time. I swear to god," Reece says as he climbs into the driver's seat of his Jeep and I slam the trunk shut, rounding the side to sit in the passenger seat beside him. He starts up the vehicle and pulls out of the lot of my old apartment building. I think about how much I'll miss all the memories I've made since I first moved in, but I don't think that I'll miss the building itself. It's nice as fuck, but it's the people that make it, in this case, Lexi who made it what it means to me.

"I just realized something," I trail off. Reece waits for me to finish, glancing at me for a second before focusing back on the road. "We still have to get paint. And we can't move anything in until the paint dries," I say embarrassedly, wishing I'd thought of this yesterday, or at least before packing everything up.

"We're not painting every room are we?" Reece groans. I guess we don't need to paint every room. "Oh yeah, you're right. Do you want your room painted?" I ask, curious. His room in the soccer house was plain and barely had enough to prove that someone was even living there.

"Do you think I should? I don't really care either way, as long as it isn't red," Reece smirks at me and I give my best fake pout. "Fine, no red. You like green, let's do green," I say with finality and he shrugs. I love how complacent he is today, usually, Reece picks fights with me on purpose.

We pull into the parking lot of a hardware store and I get out excitedly, practically running into the store and to the section with all the paint colors. I immediately drift towards the reds and begin leafing through each one, holding them up to each other to compare. Reece sidles up next to me and stands just behind me, looking over my shoulder at my paint colors.

"Ruby Rouge or Scarlet Slipper?" I ask Reece, holding up my two favorite paint colors so that he can see them better. I turn my head up to look at him and he squints as he looks at the cards in front of his face.

"They look almost identical Faye," He looks down at me, unimpressed and I scoff. "They are not, Ruby Rouge is much brighter, see? Like a watermelon. And Scarlett Slipper is darker and sexier, like cherries." I explain. Reece looks at me as if I've lost my mind, but looks back to the paint chips to entertain me.

"The second one then," He says and takes a step back from me, reaching for a couple of other paint chips. He picks out practically the first one he sees and holds it up to me with one eyebrow raised. I examine it.

"That's not green," I say and he rolls his eyes. "Alright, I think we're done here then," Reece says and turns to walk towards the front of the store. I try to run but his long legs easily stride far ahead, forcing me to jog to catch up to him.