25

Of all of the embarrassing things that could have happened in front of Reece, having a sex dream about him while he's laying in the bed beside me is probably the worst one that I could think of

Of all of the embarrassing things that could have happened in front of Reece, having a sex dream about him while he's laying in the bed beside me is probably the worst one that I could think of. This hasn't ever happened before, but we've also never discussed the contents of his shorts or our sex lives.

Reece isn't oblivious, he knows what was going on. I could see it on his face, even in the dark. I try to think of the positives. He can't read my mind, so I doubt he has any idea that the dream he tried to wake me up from was about him.

He was just giving me space.

Like a good friend would in a situation like that.

I sit on the bed with my head in my hands, overthinking the situation, even an hour later. Reece left the room in a hurry, and I didn't have the confidence to stop him. Trudging to the bathroom, I wash my face, deciding to face him now and get it over with.

It is his birthday today after all.

The wooden floors are warm beneath my bare feet and I mentally thank Maddox for the luxurious hotel suite with heated floors. The large living room is brighter with the morning sunlight than it was when we arrived last night, and I only just now notice the balcony outside.

Reece sits there, on a light grey couch outside, looking out at the waterfront, the mountain landscape, and the rest of the city sprawling to the sides. I quietly walk outside and take a seat beside him, surprising him with my presence. He avoids my eyes and I feel uncomfortable, awkward even.

Usually, Reece and I are so easy. Our friendship hasn't ever needed much maintenance, but in this moment, I don't know how to act around him. "Sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable," I mumble, trying to start talking now so that we can get it over with, and out of the way.

Reece turns to face me with a sympathetic expression. "No, Faye I'm sorry. I overreacted. I was just taken off guard when you said my name—"

"Oh my god. That makes this so much worse." I groan. I said his name. He knows that the dream was about him. No wonder he literally ran away.

"Faye, it's fine. It's totally normal. If it makes you feel better, you've been in my...dreams before too." He says, pausing before the word "dreams" because what he really means is "sex dreams".

I'm mortified.

I cover my face with my hands again and Reece laughs. He's obviously trying to help, but for some reason, I just can't play this situation off as if nothing happened. Reece is quiet for a moment before speaking up again. "Okay. Let's forget anything ever happened. Deal?" He asks, prying my hands from my red face and I look into his eyes and nod.

"Was it at least good? Mind-blowing even?" He says, voice laced entirely with amusement and I groan, punching him in the arm. "I'll take that as a yes." He jokes and I lean into him, silently thanking him for making light of the situation enough for me to be able to move past it.

"I don't think any of us are super tired. Let's just drop our bags off, freshen up a bit, and go out?" Lexi says, speaking for everyone as they all enter the penthouse.

"Wow." Chase and Aurora both exclaim at the same time once they step through the door.

"I know," I say, hugging everyone as they pass me. Maddox pretends to be uncomfortable and I roll my eyes. "Oh, please."

"He's just knackered," Aurora says on his behalf, glaring at him cutely. The boys bring all of the bags into the bedrooms, and us girls all go into Lexi and Chase's room to rifle through Lexi's clothes.

Lexi throws a light blue dress at me, and Aurora goes back to her own room to get her own clothes once she helps Lexi decide on an outfit. Lexi and I change right there, and I have to admit that the color complements my skin, and makes my blue eyes look a lot brighter. I leave my hair in messy curls and run my finger through them to calm some of the tangles.

Aurora walks in wearing a white with black and yellow plaid skirt, paired with a white tank top and white shoes. Lexi is wearing a grey satin tank top with lace on the neckline, tucked into a pair of acid-washed, high waisted jeans that make her already long legs look endless.

The blue dress that Lexi threw at me is a short, light blue strapless dress with a tie around the waist and a loose skirt. "You sure this isn't too much?" I ask for Lexi's opinion, gesturing to my cleavage which is trying it's best to escape from the confines of the fabric.

"You'll be fine." She says and I leave to my own room to get a pair of sandals.

The weather in Montreal is gorgeous, but the air is quite humid, which I dislike. I look out the large window and admire the view for the nth time since we got here. "Faye! I'm sure you look lovely!" Aurora calls and I laugh. Even when trying to tell me to hurry up, she's polite.

I grab a small, white and gold crossbody bag to carry my phone, money, etc in. Everyone waits on the couches in the living room and smiles when I join them.

"You look wonderful in blue," Aurora tells me and I thank her. Reece nods resolutely and I try to hide my smile. Ever sincere started this trip, everything he does affects me differently, and I'm not sure how much longer I'll be able to tolerate it. Something needs to give.

Reece has changed from those hot as hell red shorts, into a pair of beige pants that fit tightly on his muscular thighs and are rolled up at the ankles, with a plain blue t-shirt tucked into the waistband a bit. His hair is his usual fluffy, messy, just-rolled-out-of-bed-look that I love.

I grab a room key off of the counter and shove it into my bag before we all leave the suite to enjoy the day before we enjoy the night.

"Happy birthday by the way," I tell Reece as we walk side by side to the elevator. He bumps into me lightly and I smile at him genuinely.

"Thanks, Faye. For everything." He tells me, probably referring to the whole birthday trip. I nod with my smile still on my face, and I forget all about last night. At least, that's what I convince myself.

 At least, that's what I convince myself