28

I peek an eye open and am met with complete darkness

I peek an eye open and am met with complete darkness. I'm glad that we closed the blinds because waking up to a face full of sun isn't what I want at the moment, or at any moment really. Just let me sleep.

Tossing and turning on the bed, my hand flies out to the side, and resounding smack sounds through the room. A groan comes from beside me and I apologize to Reece with a giggle. He doesn't move again and his breathing is still shallow, so I'm guessing that I didn't hit him hard enough to actually wake him up.

I sit up in bed, allowing the sheet to drape around my waist. "Oh my god," I squeak as I notice my naked upper body. All of the memories from last night come rushing back to me, and I scream. Someone runs into our room and I've never been more thankful for the blackout shades.

Until Lexi turns on the light.

Reece shoots up in bed and I feel his eyes on me as I pull the sheet up enough to cover my breasts because who knows who will enter the room next, and I doubt anyone else wants to see me naked. My eyes are wide as I stare at Lexi and she stares back, looking between Reece and me and putting the pieces together.

I hear footsteps coming from the hallway but Lexi reacts quickly and backs out of the room, shutting the door to keep everyone else from coming in, and probably to let us figure out what happens next without an audience.

She's speaking in the hallway, probably coming up with a fake reason as to why they heard me scream. God, I love that girl. My heart is beating erratically and my eyes are still focused on the door, not wandering over to Reece who sits still on the bed.

"Do you remember?" He says in a tiny voice, filled with anxiety. I turn to look at him, still clutching the sheet to my chest; we have enough distractions. I nod, looking right in his eyes and I can tell that he's struggling to hold eye contact. My hand presses on his cheek softly, feeling his warm skin coated with a bit of stubble. His head presses ever so slightly into my hand as he relaxes.

"Yeah," I blush, my eyes darting away from his as I suddenly turn shy. My hand drops from his face for a fraction of a second before he grabs it and places it back, now holding his hand against mine to keep it there.

"What now?" His voice is quiet and his shoulders are slouched, his body language signifying that he's nervous. He has no idea what I want, so it's me that has the power in the situation and he's giving it to me willingly, easily.

"Where'd you go?" I ask softly, referring to my Reece, my confident, easygoing best friend. He blinks and I can practically see the gears turning in his head as he tries to figure out what to do now. But I know.

He's mine.

"Only you Reece. I said it last night and I meant it." I now hold his face in both of my hands, making sure that he can see the conviction in my eyes. His eyes widen with my words and a large, relieved grin stretches his face. He pulls me into a hug, burying his face into the smooth skin of my neck. I shiver as his breath tickles me and I feel his big hands above my ass, squeezing me to him.

"Fuck, Faye. You have no idea how long I've wanted to hear you say that to me. I thought last night was a dream," He says happily. With both arms wrapped over his shoulders, the sheet is now draped across my lap once again. I feel my nipples harden against the warm skin of Reece's chest and he groans, pulling back from our hug only to look down. I smirk.

"Definitely not a dream, I'm actually kind of sore..." In the best way. I think to myself. Reece's chest heaves with his large inhale as he stares at my breasts. While he watches me inhale and exhale, I admire his chest as well, because it's only fair.

His eyes dart back to mine and I catch the movement, looking into his green eyes, dark with lust or longing or both. My face feels hot and I can't help but smile as he pulls me to him and brings his lips down to mine. Just as soft as I remember. He wasn't the only one who could barely believe that last night happened.

I don't know what we are now, but I couldn't care less about labels while his lips and hands are on me. Giggling, I squirm as his hands slightly tickle my sides. Reece knows most of my weaknesses, and being tickled is definitely one of them. He pulls back and grins evilly at me while his hands reach for me. I try to wiggle away and end up flopping off the side of the bed while Reece stares down at me and laughs.

I'm tangled in the sheets, with them barely covering my lower half, but I can tell that Reece is struggling with my chest on display. As much as I want a repeat of last night, I think that we'll have to wait until we're back in our own apartment without our friends a few feet away.

Lexi. Well shit. Can't wait to explain this one, although I guess everyone will be finding out once we leave. Whatever we are, we're together. In some way, shape, or form, it's Reece and me now, a team. And I won't hide him.

"God you're so beautiful," I hear from above me as I zone back into the world going on around me and escape my thoughts. Reece's gorgeous face and mussed-up sex-bed-head peers down at me from his vantage on the bed. His eyes trace all over my face and I bite my swollen lip at the sight of him. If I were wearing clothes, they'd be uncomfortably sticking to me.

Hot and bothered is an understatement.