|Four|

[MINOR EDITS FROM HERE ON!]

Damon.

I  awoke with a terrible mood. I had no clue why and like a flash of light, I remember. I have not found my soulmate yet. It may sound weird that I was demanding for my other half but I had lived for long without her and a King without a mate at the age of twenty six is quite unheard of. I have searched almost all packs for her and for reasons unknown to me, she had never appeared. And that enrages me even further.

Soon, I may have to choose a mate since a king cannot truly lead without a queen. Even the thought of mating someone else who isn't my other half left a nauseous and uncomfortable feeling at the pits of my stomach.

Just the thought of never meeting her annoys and sends painful shocks through me. What if she is dead or something? No, I would have felt her die.

'Hey don't you dare say that, mate is alive' My always present wolf, Riven,  growls out, rage and frustration apparent in his deep voice, the thought of our mate being dead and I, thinking about it.

'We've searched everywhere Riven, I'm giving up soon.' I mutter in anger glaring at my pissed off wolf.

'We haven't visited the Blue Moon pack, the smallest pack' He growls back making me sigh in displeasure. I immediately link my beta to prepare my limousine for me for my travel to the Blue Moon Pack. I can't believe I'm actually agreeing to this.

'Fine! You know about the crowning ceremony though. If I don't find her and I mate with some other she wolf she won't be able to wear the crown, remember?' I reply and earn a whimper from him. He knows the consequences of it.

'You won't betray our mate, and I do know about the crowning ceremony.' He growls annoyed that I even thought something like that.

I know if I ever think of mating with someone else, she will never be able to wear the crown and that's not even an option. I better be mateless all my life than to be with someone who isn't my mate.

'Hey Riven,why doesn't the crown fit anyone apart from the real Alpha Queen?' I curiosly ask. This had been bugging me for a while.

'The crown belonged to the first Luna Selene, the moon goddess. The crown was made to perfectly fit the Alpha Queen. It was specifically designed for them. The crowning ceremony is a secret to avoid chaos in the werewolf world.

People with different powers may try to be queen so they can control other werewolves, because we know that an Alpha King weakness is their Luna.

To prevent this, the crown fits the Luna and when it's laid on their head it glows signifying the rightful Luna.

This is kept a secret for people may steal the crown and replace with a fake one to fit whoever they desire.

That's why after the Alpha King meets the Alpha Queen, they stay together for half an year to strengthen their relationship and no mating or marking building strong relationship, to prove that they are not controlled by their own lust and desires.

After that the crowning ceremony the marking and finally the mating.' Riven explains all at once. Why didn't I know any of this before? I should have been informed before.

Suddenly, I receive a mindlink from my beta and as clichè as it is, he's my best friend since we grew up together because our parents were pretty close.

'We are ready to go to Blue Moon Pack Alpha' He says and I roll my eyes.

'Call me Damon, Jake. How many times should I say it.' I growl out in annoyance.