09 | jealous and jealousy

Franco Castellano drove his car back to their garage yet he didn't immediately get off

Franco Castellano drove his car back to their garage yet he didn't immediately get off. He let a few seconds pass, scrolling through his Twitter feed to waste more time and subsequently hamper facing his parents. His eyebrow rose, glimpsing at the far away photos of him and Callista. Several people voiced out their theories. It ranged from them being secret lovers to enemies with benefits.

Is our life really that interesting?

He let out a sigh, preparing to exit the app and ignore the dumb speculations when a text came through. Franco scanned the long message but he ceased comprehending at the first sentence. 'It's Valentines. There is really no romantic bone in your body.'

Franco could picture her screaming. Veins protruding from her slender neck, pale skin flushing in exasperation. Delilah Gallo was quite the spoiled brat. At first, Franco had thought they could get along, two people forced into marriage was bound to have similarities. But she was ostentatious.

Delilah cherished attention, always gunning for the spotlight by acting as the victim. She was manipulative in the filthiest way possible.

He left the car, noticing the piece of paper as it dropped on the ground. Five hundred thousand and one dollars dazzled his eyes. Others would have jumped in glee at finding such amount but Franco only felt disdain. His eyes narrowed at the lipstick stain, so perfect, so red, that his head pounded in bewilderment. The act was intimate, peculiar, and dare he said it, seductive.

Before Franco's mind could delve deeper into the eccentric actions of Callista Genovese, his parents walked out of their front door. They hovered near the porch, standing in between the tall Venetian columns. He contemplated hiding near the bushes or taking the chance to dash to his car but all that was pointless as Francisco Castellano caught his eye.

Franco clenched his jaw, traveling the white staircase to reach the group. He hid his revulsion upon seeing his fiancé, wrapped in pink silk that barely covered her ass and breasts.

Delilah tucked one of her blonde curls behind her ear. "Hey, I came to give the chocolates I baked to your mother."

Franco saw the two black bags of Noka chocolates in his mother's arm before Delilah could even finish her sentence. He tuned out the rest of her sham compliments, silently praying she would leave soon.

There were a lot of laughs from Althea Castellano. Her bob cut swayed as she exchanged praises with the Gallo girl. Franco scoffed, earning his mother's glare. She ushered Delilah's arm outside, tilting her head at his son.

"Franco, see your fiancé out," Althea said with a smile. Her face smoothened out, removing the traces of irritation she just showed.

Franco cast a short glance to his father and he nodded his permission. Clicking his tongue, Franco seized Delilah's small hand. He pulled her down the stairs, towards her waiting car. He didn't know how far his father wanted to go but her mother's expectant face said it all.