45 | sugar and sugary

The sound of a car's engine shot Callista to her feet

The sound of a car's engine shot Callista to her feet. She went to the door but it opened before she could touch it. She was engulfed in a choking hug.

"Cas..." she muttered and wrapped her arms around him. "Welcome back."

Castor pulled away to kiss her. He grasped her hips as his tongue flicked in her mouth. She moaned at his intensity, running her fingers through his hair. His lips moved to her neck.

Somebody cleared their throat.

Castor cut the kiss and saw that there were people in the living room. He rolled his eyes after seeing an irritated Mallorie and a blushing Tori.

"Why do people keep interrupting us?" he mumbled and eyed her with appreciation.

Caly chuckled and rubbed the lipstick stain off his lips. "Shh."

Castor licked his lips. He placed an arm around her shoulders as they walked to the couch. "So, what are the Powerpuff girls doing here?"

Callista had to pinch him at that despite the laugh that spilled from her red lips. "We were discussing things. And..."

She trailed off and went to grabbed the crimson envelope. "Here."

Caly watched him closely as he read the challenge and scanned the pictures. Castor frowned and sat on the couch, pulling her on his lap.

Callista flushed at his actions and scrambled to get off. As much as she loved him, public affections embarrassed her.

"Where's Franco?" she asked, ignoring his disappointed sigh.

"Outside," he answered. "I think his intentions aligned well with yours."

"And you?"

"You know I'm on your side."

That made Caly smile. She linked her hands with his. Callista began to talk about her plan and all the things she did behind his back. The threats, her retaliation, and the source of it all.

"How did you know Castellano would agree with the marriage deal?" Castor asked.

"Because he wants to have what I have." Caly locked their fingers together. "And he can do it without wasting his resources."

"He just had to sacrifice me." Franco entered the living room. He gave a small nod and sat next to Tori.

"Yeah."