21 | date and dating

Orange and pink colored the usually blue sky as the sun started to set

Orange and pink colored the usually blue sky as the sun started to set. Callista pulled on an HBA white hoodie and tucked it in her black denim skirt. She grabbed her Gucci sneakers and a mini bag.

She was halfway down the stairs when she realized that Franco didn't tell her where they would go.

Caly shook her head at the unwelcome thought. "No. Why would I adjust?"

She continued outside where the man sat on the hood of his white Lexus. Franco's golden hair turned a shade brighter with the setting sun. He was in a long-sleeved white shirt and a dark Levi's. A furrowed brow marred his features as he glanced at his watch.

Geez.

Callista marched to him. "I'm early. No need to frown like that."

Franco straightened. He still had his hairband on, showing off the gold hoops on his ear. "I'm just checking."

Thomas sauntered to the couple. "Are you sure you don't need me, Miss Caly?" he asked, his stare remained leveled on the Castellano heir.

"It's okay, Thomas. You know who to blame if I die." Caly shrugged and plastered a mischievous smile on her face.

"I promise I'll take care of her," Franco said that caused Callista to gaped at him. He swerved to her. "What?"

Caly tucked in the errant hair from her braid. "Let's go."

Franco opened the door for her. They didn't talk as he drove to whatever destination he had on mind. The car finally stopped in front of an amusement park. The neon lights twinkled all over the place.

"Here?" Caly exclaimed, rushing to get out of the car. Her eyes whirled as excitement thumped in her heart. "Oh my god! It's been a long time since I've been here."

Franco locked his white Lexus and gestured his head to the entrance. "Want to go inside?"

"Yeah, sure." Callista nodded. She was in a great mood that Franco's indifference couldn't hamper her happiness. They went inside and she headed straight to get cotton candy. "What about you?"

"I'm fine," he replied. His sapphire irises studied her.

Caly pinched the soft feathery sweet and held it to him. "Try it."

Franco swallowed, looking away. His jaw clenched. "I said I'm fine."

"You're missing out." Caly continued eating, savoring how the candy melted on her tongue. "What do you like then?"