Chapter 19

A/N-----Hi you wonderful readers, here’s a bit of fluff, for the Tina/Tana/TaMina fans. I’m not really one for older woman/younger man love, but after your feedback I’ve finally relented….a little anyway lol. Enjoy. I’m looking forward to your comments.

Chapter 19

*Mina Santra, previously labeled the only suspect in the murder and disappearance of Carrie Miyers has been reported missing as of seven o'clock this morning. Miss Santra was cleared of all the charges to the dismay of the local precinct, after it was proven without reasonable doubt that she had in fact played no part in the Carrie matter, thanks to her diligent lawyer Tanya Shay. It was Miss Shay who filed the report when she allegedly entered the home in which she and Miss Santra occupied and found it empty. Apparently this was uncharacteristic behavior of Miss Santra, and after waiting the required twenty-four hours, which gave way to no return of her companion, Miss Shay filed the report. Anyone bearing any information about the disappearance of Mina Santra, which may lead to her recovery, is being asked to please contact the local precinct. This matter is an urgent one. Could this be the work of the same mad man who tortured and murdered Carrie Miyers? Could be...but the main question that everyone would like to ask, I'm sure is 'Why'? Why Mina Santra...at this point in time we can only speculate...*

After putting the news piece on mute, Tank stared wide eyed at the television screen.

"Mina...missing..."

He could not believe it. But there it was...

It took all of his willpower to not put his fist through the television screen.

Who the hell would want to do something like that? Why Mina? What did Mina ever do to deserve this?

He looked at the picture that was posted briefly of Mina on the screen. It was a recent picture, he remembered that look in her eyes as he had seen it moments before he had taken the candid picture, capturing it forever. He had sent it to her the moment he got the film cleaned, never once expecting that she would have kept it. He lifted his hand and gently touched the frozen image of her smiling face and his heart felt like it was ripping into millions of pieces, shattering over and over again. He tried to memorize all of her features and etch them to his mind even as it faded into one of the numerous nonsense commercials.

"Why..."

He choked the syllable out despite the constriction in his throat that threatened the storm that he did not want to crash. But he could do nothing to stop it as he fell to his knees in front of the television, and broke down...

"Why..."

He wished he could run away, maybe then he could leave his heartache behind. He would be alone. He would stay there; pretend that nothing had happened then maybe, no hopefully, when he got back all would be well again.

He had a place in mind and was already mentally deciding what he would take with him on the trip when he finally got a grip on his thoughts. Disgusted at the pathetic path his thoughts had begun to take.

He looked at the television screen, the blank screen that only recently held Mina's smiling face and he could already feel the self-loathing pouring into his body. Mina was missing and here he was feeling sorry for himself.

He drew himself up to his feet and forcibly cleared his mind, then pulled himself together. The tears still wet on his skin, he walked into his adjoining bathroom to splash cold water on his face. Staring at the reflection in the mirror, he watched his eyes harden with determination.

He would get answers, damn if he knew how...but he would.

But for now he was too tired to think clearly, and he needed his brain refreshed so he could think and find her before it was too late.