{ SIXTY-FOUR }

CHAPTER 64 | Reuniting

ZACK'S P.O.V.

Some days later

I opened the main door with a bit of difficulty due to what I was carrying on my arms. I closed it behind me and looked around for Mark. He probably must be in the bedroom so I stood at the bottom of the stairs and called for him.

"Teddy bear!"

"What, angel?" He called from the bedroom.

"Come down."

"Okay, I'm coming!"

"I have a surprise for you." I said, smiling down at the baby Siberian husky on my arms.

"Really? Me too."

"Look at mine first."

After some seconds, Mark walked out of the bedroom, looking hot as always with a button shirt and some jeans.

"Okay, what is it?" He asked, smiling as he walked down the stairs. But when his gaze fell on my arms that were holding the puppy, he stopped mid-way and his smile faded.

I'm well aware of his phobia of dogs. But he can't possibly be terrified about this one, right? He's a baby. His teeth aren't even that developed, and I don't think he would be able to harm Mark. He's just a cute little thing without any clue of the world that surrounds him.

"Come on, touch him. He won't harm you." I told Mark as I ran my fingers gently over the puppy's head. His head was too small that I didn't have to use my whole hand to caress it, only two of my fingers.

Mark still looked a bit uncertain as he descended the last set of stairs until he was standing a few feet from me. He looked at the dog and then at me.

"Where did you get it?" He asked me.

"At the pet store. Isn't he cute?"

Mark took a few little steps towards me, looking cautiously at the dog. The puppy simply looked up at Mark with his cute blue eyes and then looked somewhere else, as if scanning his surroundings. Mark raised his hand slowly, and I could tell that he was still very nervous.

"Just touch it. He's a baby. He won't bite you, trust me." I told him.

Mark looked at me again and then down at the dog, gulping before he brought his shaky fingers to his little head. The dog looked up at the action, and he started to smell Mark's hand. I watched as the puppy stuck out his tongue and gave it a little lick, but then Mark jerked his hand away.

I laughed. "He only licked you, Mark."

Little by little, Mark was starting to attach himself with the puppy, so now he ran his fingers over his stomach, his paws and his fur. The dog simply continued to give his hand an occasional lick and wiggled his tail happily.

Mark was now smiling. He lifted his head to look at me. "He's really cute."

I returned the smile. At least now I knew that he wouldn't feel afraid of our new pet, who was now part of our family.

"Do you want to carry him?" I asked Mark.

"Um... Okay." He said, stretching his arms. I carefully put the puppy on his hands and Mark pulled him close to his chest.

"Aw, he's so light. And so soft." He said with a smile, rocking the puppy on his arms slowly. "How should we name him?"

"I don't know. I was thinking of Duke."