~~ THIRTY FIVE ~~

(All pictures taken from Google) Armour for Estra and Leraj that are in this chapter minus the weaponry and helmet: 

_____

"You cannot be serious!"

I pinched the bridge of my nose and paced back and forth in front of Hendrickson. He stood behind his desk, rifling through a set of papers before he glanced at me again.

"Are your outbursts done?"

Nostrils flaring, I stared at the brickwork and failed to control my ever growing temper. First, I passed out on my bed and almost freaking died from Mana depletion; ended up living in the hospital for four days. Second, I learnt my sword would take days to fix and even then it would never be the same and I'd have to wield a crappy two handed blade until it was completed.

And now I had Grand Master Hendrickson prattling on about my insubordination and behaviour the other three had reported. In which my punishment was taken off duty. He got an earful about the first part, now he'd get one about the second.

"The other three get a freaking slap on the wrist and I'm taken off duty." I clapped mockingly and earned a harsh glare. Hendrickson didn't frighten me anymore though. I'd spent enough time in his presence since arriving here to understand his quirks and his facial expressions in his degrees of anger. I knew when to stop and when to prod, as Leraj put it. "I request I be put back on duty."

"Request denied. Like I mentioned before, Helbram's report did not hold you in high regard for this mission. Perhaps it had been too early to put you in the field, given your connection to the sins."

I stiffened. "What connection?" I questioned. My heart pounded in my ears. What had the others whispered in his ears? My conversations with the Sins? The fact they knew my name and wouldn't kill me even though they had multiple chances?

He canted his head then sat slowing into the chair behind the desk. "Your need for revenge. It was one of the reasons I gave you the mission yet it seems my expectations should have been set lower. Of course, that is mostly my own fault, not yours."