Yandere Link x reader "Mine"

Dread it. Run from it. The people requesting stories in which their love interest murders everyone who looks at them still arrive. Here we have our yandere Link x reader, requested by AwnareTheEevee 💜
I've never done one of these before, but I guess there's a first time for everything... Well, without further ado, ON TO THE STORY!!!

~It all started with Link sitting on his bed, thinking about (Y/n). He thought about how accustomed he had grown to your constant presence, and how much he missed you when you were away. It wasn't like a good friend missing his buddies while they were gone. No. It was like a piece of himself was gone every time you left. He couldn't bear the pain...

And it wasn't a normal feeling for the green capped hero. He didn't know what to do with it.

You two were best friends- so naturally he enjoyed your company. But was there something more to it than that?
He thought you were funny, smart, cute- and drop dead gorgeous. So yeah, maybe there was something more. He definitely thought of you as more than a best friend- but what did you think?

Link was filled with a sudden desperate need to know. A burst of confidence overtook him, and he jumped up from his bed. He ran to (Y/n)'s room and knocked on the door- but there was no answer.

He tried calling you, but it went straight to voicemail.

He thought for awhile before deciding to check  outside the smash mansion. He asked around if anyone had seen you, but the answer was always the same. "Nope, sorry."

He started to get worried. If anything happened to you, he could never forgive himself.

He walked into the gardens, the only place he didn't check. He called your name several times... until he saw you sitting on a stone bench in front of a fountain. You had a flower crown on your head, your (h/c) locks cascading down your back.
He smiled at you, about to walk up and tap you in the shoulder, until he noticed you weren't alone.

"You look beautiful (Y/n)..." Corrin whispered, taking your hands into his. You giggled, making both Corrin, and Link's heart flutter. "Aww, Corrin... You're too sweet."
Corrin chuckled. "I've been meaning to ask you...will you, er, be my girlfriend? You're so amazing and, I just feel so-" Corrin struggled to find the right word "I feel so alive. It's like I get a burst of energy just by standing near you." A blush formed on the Corrin's face as he finished his thought.

Link clenched his jaw and dug his nails into his palms. This could not be happening right now. If (Y/n) loved him, he knew she wouldn't agree to this.

Your hands flew up to cover your shocked expression. "Oh Corrin... You mean the world to me! Of course I will!" You nodded eagerly.

Corrin grinned, beaming ear to ear before tilting (Y/n)'s face towards his. He leaned I ever so slightly and you did the same. Before you knew it your lips were touching in a gentle kiss.

Tears welled up in Links eyes. He could feel his heart break in his chest... So painful...

This was not what was supposed to happen. Who does Corrin think he is? His sadness turned to anger. He couldn't just swoop in and take (Y/n) from him.
The more Link thought about it, the more he hated Corrin. In fact, he hated the very thought of you with anyone but himself. In that instance, something inside him just... snapped. It pushed him well over the edge of sanity, and there was no coming back.
He felt dark...

And he liked it.

"If I can't have her... Nobody can." Link smiled crazily, narrowing his eyes.
He had a plan for how to end this whole thing. It was the only way to get his precious (Y/n) back.

The next morning you woke up to someone knocking on your door. You groggily got up and opened it- only to see your bestie Link, standing there frowning at you.
"What's wrong?" You asked sleepily, rubbing your eyes in an attempt to wake yourself up more.

"(Y/n), it's about Corrin."
Link said solemnly.

"What about him?" You asked, smiling brightly.

"He's dead."

Your eyes widened as you looked straight in Link's, searching desperately for any sign of a prank or joke.

He stared into your (e/c) orbs, frowning.

You looked to the ground. Corrin...dead? Those two words broke your heart in two. "W-what?" You asked, still in pure shock. You couldn't even begin to comprehend what Link had just told you.

"H-how?" You asked shakily, tears welling up in your eyes. You pushed past Link, and ran to Corrin's room, still in your pajamas. "(Y/n), wait-" Link called behind you, but you didn't stop. You flung open his door, hoping that this was some kind of cruel joke.

But what you saw made your heart stop. There was your boyfriend of one day- one of your best friends... Lying in his bed with a crimson bloodstain marking his chest. You ran over and checked his pulse, hoping against hope- just to find out that Link was right. Tears streamed down your face as you turned back towards the doorway.

There stood Link, his arms wide open.
You ran to him and started crying into his chest. He wrapped his arms around you protectively.

He smiled to himself. He would do whatever he had to keep you all to himself.

You were his... And he was going to keep it that way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Link bolted upright, eyes snapping open.? He was breathing heavily, a cold sweat covering his body as he tried to shake the horrid dream from his mind. Who the heck was (y/n)? And why would he ever kill his friend? He took a deep breath: it was okay, it was just a dream. It never happened. He sighed as he leaned back into his pillow, rubbing his forehead to help himself relax. That was the LAST TIME he would EVER let Zelda talk him into watching a horror movie together. Link closed his eyes and drifted back to sleep.

#SorryNotSorry
Okay, this isn't your traditional yandere fic, but lemme explain. Link is a great guy who would never hurt his friends, and it felt wrong to turn one of my favorite Nintendo characters into a psychopathic creep. That's what Dark Link is for. Or "Shadow Link" if that's what you call him. I'm also a HUGE Zelink shipper. Sue me. Lol.

Well, I hope you enjoyed it anyway~💜

The next chapter will be an
Ike X reader...
As always, feel free to comment and make requests. I LOVE to hear from my readers!
See ya later!
~Gookip✌🏼️