Dark Pit x Reader Halloween: "I don't do costumes."

Hello everyone, and happy Halloween! 👻🎃
This chapter was requested by the one and only Lloyd-Neko
(Thank you for being so patient with me!)
Enjoy!

"I don't do- costumes (Y/n)."
That's all you'd been hearing.
ALL. WEEK.
How were you supposed to win the couples' costume contest at the big annual Halloween party in the Smash hall if Dark Pit wouldn't dress up with you?
Okay, so you weren't technically a couple...yet.
But you could be!
I mean, the two of you were best friends, and you already did everything together. You were one of the few people who could make Dark smile, and he was always there for you when you needed someone to talk to.

Naturally, the two of you got teased
a lot. People were constantly telling you what a cute couple the two of you would make, and asking when you'd get together.
Of course Dark always rolled his eyes, and you always laughed it off, but the idea of you and Dark Pit being a couple had really started to grow on you.
All that needed to happen was for one of you to admit that you liked the other....

Which hadn't happened.
And of course, you could be the one to tell him...but that stuff is pretty nerve racking. What if he rejected me!?! What if he laughed in my face?!?
What if he did both?!?

"Daaaaaark. C'mon." you frowned, poking his cheek.
The two of you were sitting in his room, and you were making another desperate attempt to get him to dress up for the party.

"(Y/nnnnnnn). No." he mimicked you.
You raised an eyebrow at him.
"You realize you'll be the only one without a costume, right?" you asked, crossing your arms over your chest.

"I can live with that." he smirked, leaning in and booping your nose with his finger.
You puffed out your cheeks in annoyance.

"But the prize for the couples' contest this year is a huge bag of
(favorite/candy)!" you sighed.
"And how am I gonna win it if you don't enter the contest with me?"

"You could steal it." Dark suggested, a smile pulling at his lips.
"No!" you stomped your foot, punching him in the shoulder playfully.
"I'm not stealing anything."

You stared at him for a moment in thoughtful silence.
"Y'know... Oh never mind."
you smirked.

Curiosity was everybody's weakness.

"Okay." Dark shrugged.
"Wanna watch a movie or something?" he asked nonchalantly.

"W-What? Pitoo!" you stomped.
"You were supposed to ask me what I was going to say!" you pouted.

"Nah. No thanks princess. And don't call me that." he winked at you, sticking out his tongue.
"Fine." you sighed.
"I'll ask Pit to go to the party. He'll dress up with me." you said, pushing yourself up off the couch.

You thought you saw an annoyed frown flicker on Dark's features, but he quickly replaced it with a shrug.
"Whatever." he stated.

You walked out of his room, trying your best to hide your disappointment.
"Darn it Pitoo! Can't you see that I- uhhggg..." you face-palmed, stopping yourself.
What's the point?
You walked to the lobby, where you overheard Zelda and Lucina talking about their costumes.

"Link is going to be Romeo and I'm going to be Juliet."
Zelda was saying.

"Ooooh. That's so romantic." Lucina laughed. "Robin and I are going as Risen."

"Those zombie warrior guys from your game?" Zelda inquired.
"Yep." Lucina nodded.

"See?!? Their guys understand." you muttered. "So why can't Pitoo?"