Chapter VIII

Happy Independence Day India. Today we're celebrating 73rd year of independence. Something that our leaders and ancestors fought hard for. It is a day to remember their sacrifices, their hardships and all that they've done for us.

And also, Happy Rakshabandhan to all.

Ira came out of the car and ran in the direction of the house, where at the gates stood Kasturi with her arms wide open.

Ira hugged her mother and then Rudra who stood behind them. Chuckling at his cousin Eklavya sauntered towards the car to help his uncle with the luggage.

Although his knuckles looked quite healthy today as of a day before. They looked as if someone has nursed them back. Well, they're tended by Kasturi herself almost immediately when she glanced at them.

And he was instantly bombarded by a million of questions. And only he knows how he convinced his aunt to not fret over him.

"Finally, I'm back." The young woman of twenty-two autumns screamed in ecstasy.

Kusumlata called from the inside and they all walked into the house where Kusumlata was sitting on her swing.

"Ira you didn't had any inconvenience at the airport right." Kasturi probed while Ira shook her head.

"Your classes ended a week ago. Why didn't you come last week then?" Kusumlata interrogated with a frown on her wrinkled face.

Ira hugged her grandma before sitting on her swing beside her. "I know grandma but I'd some stuff to finish first. It was important and I couldn't leave it half done."

Kusumlata patted her granddaughter's head affectionately. "It's only been five minutes since you came and the house is already gleaming with happiness."

"I'm wounded grandma, do we boys not bring happiness in this abode of yours." Rudra spoke with a wounded look on his face.

Eklavya smacked the back of his head as he came and plonked on the sofa beside him. "Don't know about you but this house glows when me and Didi come together." He asserted as he chuckled at Rudra's face and high fived with Ira.

"When will Advay come from the academy?" Ira asked particularly to no one but Rudra answered.

"He won't be back before past six." He replied.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Anamika parked her bicycle and walked in her house. She had joined a Dance school that Saanvi had suggested.

As Saanvi also go into the same, she was glad that she wouldn't be alone. her feet were aching with all the practise she had done after such a long time.

Anamika pulled on her brother's cheeks who was busy watching cartoon and yelled angrily in protest and hopped upstairs.

She decided a shower wouldn't hurt to relax her aching muscles. After she exited the bathroom, she quickly started to finish her homework.

Radha knocked on her daughter's door and walked in. "Here." With that she placed the hot steamy upma in front of Anamika.

"Thank you maa."

"Don't go to school tomorrow." Radha spoke.

Anamika looked up from her notebook and stared at her maa in wonder. "But why maa, you know I don't like to skip school."

"I know, but Kusumlata ji is conducting a satyanarayan pooja tomorrow as Ira is here. And she strictly told me to send all the three of you."

"What? Ira didi has come today and no one even bothered to tell me." Anamika spoke more like screamed.