Chapter XIX

Anamika didn't realise she was staring until Ira tapped her on shoulder, "Stop staring already before it gets awkward."

Being said that Anamika looked down at her lap not before stealing a glance. The man looked eerily familiar and she couldn't neglect that.

"What's the problem sweetheart? You seem slightly tensed!" Ira finally asked.

"Nothing Ira di, it's just I feel like I've seen Shekhar uncle before. But I can't remember where." Anamika whispered in her ear.

"Oh! That's it. What's there to worry about Anamika. Happens to me all the time. I feel like I've seen that person before and approaches them." Ira shook her head grimly. "Trust me it turns pretty awkward when they don't even recognise you. So, my advice to you is, don't overthink."

Anamika feebly nodded her head as she digested her words. Ira di was right! She was already tensed about Eklavya and adding this to the list didn't sound melodious to her.

Vikrant was busy having a thoughtful conversation with Shekhar. While Kusumlata and Kasturi were busy gazing at the extravagance of the house. Glancing at Aarav and Advay, she heaved a sigh of relief. 'At least they were not busy creating chaos'

Taking in the calm and solemn features of Advay. Anamika guiltily realised that she too had slightly neglected her best friend.

After the incident with Muku, she was busy drowning in sorrow. Than she reluctantly had to prepare for Ira's engagement.

Not today but tomorrow for sure. She will talk to him.

Promising herself that, her eyes fell on the four people who entered the dining hall. Eklavya and Rudra came with their grandparents.

Anamika gulped as she took in the intimidating form of Rudra Pratap. Though old but his single glare could make anyone run for their dear life. Whereas his wife, who sat on the wheelchair looked like the epitome of love and benevolence.

She could feel the tense atmosphere around her, feel the trepidation in the air.

However, all of that vanished when their eyes met and she realised that she could breathe again. Everything went well. A ghost of a smile adorned her ivory complexioned face.

Nalini met Kusumlata warmly as the both ladies hugged. Kasturi respectfully touched their feet whereas the children folded their hands in greeting.

"It's good to finally meet you Kusumlata ji." Nalini smiled warmly.

"Circumstances were different back then. But I'm glad that we finally met." Kusumlata spoke.

"I hope you rested well!" Nalini scuttled graciously.

"We did." Vikrant hummed in response.

"How are you feeling now? Shekhar ji told us about your ill health." Kasturi's brows furrowed in worry.

"Don't take his words seriously. He's the habit of exaggerating things." Nalini told her and in the background Shekhar chuckled.

"We're extremely sorry we couldn't come to receive you personally." Rudra Pratap stated in his gruff voice.

"No worries Mr. Shekhawat." Vikrant replied.

"Okay! then, everyone please be seated." The old man said as he sat at the head of the table, Nalini at his left followed by Eklavya and Rudra.

"Vikrant! Won't you introduce your children to us." Nalini teased light heartedly.

"Of course! That's Ira-