IRL

Yeah, he found her. He showed up the next morning and when she opened her hotel door she burst into tears. Chris could only hug her.

The scene in front of him, Scarlett's red puffy eyes and pale skin made him so sad. Why couldn't he have been here for her earlier? Why couldn't he help? He hated to see her this way, he only hoped he could help take the pain away. 

"I'm here I'm always here for you," Chris said softly into her ear as they hugged. His words echoed in her ear.

"I'm a horrible person. You shouldn't be here Chris." She cried out falling down to the ground with tears staining her face. 

"I don't believe that your a horrible person. I would never call you that," he said kneeling down to sit beside her on the cold floor.

"I killed our baby." There was silence. Scarlett hates it.

"No." He finally replied. "That wasn't your fault.  Is that why have been avoiding me?" He asked gently taking her chin to get her to look at him. Her face was covered in guilt as she spoke her next words. 

"You deserve better."

"No I don't."  He said taking her shaking hand in his own. "I love you. You are the best thing in the world."

"I couldn't even take care of our kid," she said in a low voice. "It's my fault you aren't a father right now."

"I don't believe that. I think that she is in a better place. I would never blame you for what happened." He reeated.

"The voice won't stop... tell me... they tell me that... that I was my fault." She said, only a single tear fell from her eyes. Chris wiped it away with his thumb.

"Scarlett, I love you. Those voices in your head are the result of grief. It wasn't your fault. Believe me."

"They won't stop... I don't know how to make it stop."

"Let me help you." He said. "Please don't push me away Scarlett. I need you. I need you so damn much."

Scarlett stares at him. It hurt so damn bad. She missed him but she Believed it was her fault for so long, she was breaking. Was it selfish that she couldn't let him go even though she should? Probably. But she needed him. She needed him so fucking bad.

She could only lay her head on his shoulder.
"We are gonna get through this Scar. We are gonna do it together."

"How can you be sure?" She asked closing her eyes.

"Because I'm in love with you, and I won't leave me." He said hugging her and bringing him in his lap. "Please don't leave me again. I can't ducking handle it anymore."

"I'm sorry." She responded. "I love you."

"I love you too." He replied

They were broken. But they needed each other. They needed to move on and the way to do that was with each other.

"Scarlett-"

"Just hold me please." She asked, her voice full of pain.

"I'll never let go." He promised.

This was the path of healing. They could only get through together.