Scarletts birthday Pt 2.

Morning of Scarlett's bday

She had never seen her house so... pink. She knew she shouldn't have allowed Chris to decorate for her birthday.

Chris has taken the kids to pick out the decorations and apparently to her twins, she loved the color pink. She honestly thought it was adorable and she didn't mind the happy 18th birthday sign. Really made her feel good especially since she is now one year away from being 30.

She walked into her kitchen and heard Chris talking to the now two-year-olds.
"No no, we aren't eating this one." He said softly.

"But daddy!! It's a waffle with FROSTING!" Drew displayed his sadness for not getting the waffle.

"It's not frosting it's whipped cream, and I'll make you one." He promised. "This one is for mommy."

"But you wike me more than mommy!!!" She cried.

"Dew" Dylan was still having trouble with his pronunciation, but he wanted to show his own disappointment to his sister for wanting their mother's food. "Mommy's waff"

"Come on your two let's get this finished before your mom wakes up."

"I think it's too late for that love," she spoke upcoming around the corner with a smirk on her face, Chris turned around and smiled kindly at her but looked at her expectantly.

"You're supposed to be sleeping babe."

"Well I heard Drew scream earlier I had to wake up." Chris turned and sent a playful glare at his daughter who held her hands up. "What are you doing?"

"Breakfast!" Dylan attempted with a smile, Scarlett smiled and walked over to pick up her little boy.

"Mommy back to bed!!" Drew started pushing her mother's leg. She laughed.

"Okay okay I'll go I'll go." She out Dylan down and he frowned attempting to jump back on her. "Go help your daddy."

"No." He was about to break out into tears. "Momma"

"Bud, come help me get momma's food ready," Chris attempted but Dylan only pulled at his mother's Pajama shorts for her to pick him back up. 

"It's okay, I guess I will have breakfast in bed with my little buddy," She picked him back up and he placed his head on her shoulder. "See you in a minute." She smiled before walking out. Steve watched her carefully with a smile on his face. This really was life. Something told him it could only get better from here. 

*

"I have a gift for you," Chris was getting ready for bed when Scarlett spoke up sitting at the end of the bed. 

"What? For me?" He asked. "It's not my birthday." 

"But it's mine and I like giving you things. It makes me happy." 

"Okay," He sat at the end of the bed right beside her with a smile. "Just know you don't have to buy me anything." 

"I know, I know bubba." She smiled. "here take this," She handed him a box. "I know it's a bit late but I have been trying to find the perfect ring for you." 

"What?" 

"Our three year anniversary, it was last month and I wanted to get you this." Chris opened it to see a simple ring that had diamonds embedded in it, it looked exactly like Scarlett's wedding ring but a man's version. 

"Babe, this is beautiful." he smiled. "I love you." 

"I love you more." She said. 

There was something about this, this moment. It was a way of them both being able to remember why they were in this relationship because they love each other, they care about each other and think about the little things. They were each other's soulmates and nothing was ever going to change that.