•Chapter Nine• Obtaining The Bow

Silvia

For the first fifteen minutes of the drive, there was absolute silence which was making me very uncomfortable.

"Is it ok if I turn on the radio?" I asked Matt. With a soft smile on his face, Matt nods.

I push the power button and the music blared out full blast. I quickly turn down the volume in time to hear Matt's muttered words.

"I'm going to kill those idiots one of these days." I couldn't stop the giggle that burst forth. Cain and Kory both burst into laughter and Matt chuckled along with us.

Leave it to the twins to help break the uncomfortable silence even though they aren't even in the car. A favorite song of mine came on and I started singing softly in time with the song.

The rest of the car ride was much the same with me singing once a song I liked came on, while the others remained silent.

Finally, we pulled up in front of the huge mansion and I jumped out quickly. I was excited about seeing Arafesh again and I could hardly contain myself.

Though I knew it had to be real, I still doubted that my memories were true. I kept wondering if it were nothing more than a dream, or if perhaps I made it all up as a child and I remember it as a memory. I truly needed to confirm it.

I waited long enough for Ashley and the others to get out of their car, then I began to walk toward the rear of the house with Matt holding my hand in his.

Once I reached the sandbox, I turned in the direction papa took that day and started walking.

Matt, who was still holding my hand, was on my right. Cain walked beside me on my left side, casting looks around to check for unknown threats.

Chris and Ashley followed behind us with the twins flanking them and Kory walked behind them, guarding our backs.

After some time of walking, I started to wonder if I had made the whole thing up. But just as I was about to stop and turn back, the rock wall came into view.

"Are we supposed to walk through this rock surface?" Matt asked, amusement coating his words.

"Yup!" I said simply. When he opened his mouth to say something, I reached out my hand and touched the rock surface.

It rippled and faded away, much to the astonishment of Matt, Chris, Kory, and the twins. I just laughed and began walking forward, making the others follow suit.

"You knew about this?" Chris asked Ashley. "Uh-huh, " Was Ashley's reply.

I just smiled because our entire pack knew about this place, it was a well-guarded secret. Long before we were born, pack members could come here any time they wanted.

"The entire pack knows about it," Ashley confirmed. "A long time ago, pack members were allowed to enter this place. Then a she-wolf was rejected by her mate, the future Alpha, and she jumped to her death from the top of the falls."

Ashley released a sad sigh before she continued. "Unable to live without his mate, the future Alpha jumped to his death about a week later. Soon after, the Alpha had a witch cast a spell to keep everyone but the current Alpha, out."

"I see, " Chris said. As we continued walking, the sound of rushing water met our ears and I knew we were getting closer. I quickened my steps, pulling Matt along with me.

It wasn't long before we came to the clearing and the twins gasped in unison at the gorgeous view before us. I tilted my head to one side as I listened.

"What's wrong?" Matt asked, his body tensing as he looked around.

I brought my finger up to my lips to motion for silence, then held up my hand. I could hear the faint clopping of hooves striking a rock surface.