•Chapter Fifteen• Hunting Rogues

Demetrius

King Stravos, I, and the Law Enforcers piled into the SUV with Sandra, the WOLF team's second in command, as our driver. The others all piled into one of the trucks, which we referred to as, tactical vehicle. Our tactical vehicles came equipped with weapons, electronic equipment that may be required during missions, as well as rations of food, water, and extra uniforms. 

The Federation spared no expense when it came to the safety of the people it works for, whether they be human or supernatural, made little difference. We are all beings who want to live in peace and the Federation's goal is to save as many lives as possible while ensuring that our way of living isn't compromised. We all want to live as normal a life as we can. Just because some of us may be supernatural, doesn't mean we're carefree.

Our lives, just like those of humans, are abundant with many dangers that can crop up in our surroundings. For supernaturals though, there are more dangers, seeing as there are those who would wipe us off the face of the planet and make us extinct. The Federation is similar to the human government, though we put more emphasis on the lives of those we serve, rather than politics. Supernaturals aren't concerned with garnering votes, since our constituents don't vote us in.

The leaders of our races deliberate over who will be appointed into a position. Popularity has nothing to do with it, it's all about the capabilities of a being, as well as their performance on and off the field. Humans are strange creatures. They seem to care more about what others think, rather than what's best for all of us. As living beings, we should be concerned with what affects us all, instead of what affects only a portion of us. 

That's what separates us from humans. We view all life as precious and work toward the common goal to ensure that all life be preserved. If in doing so, we are later proven to have made a mistake, then we will work twice as hard to correct that mistake. This is a problem we're faced with now, as far as the Red River rogues. When they first made their presence known, they seemed like small potatoes. So the Federation paid them little, to no attention.

But on the year that Silvia's parents were killed, the Red River rogues killed a total of five thousand twenty beings. Nor race, gender, or age, made a difference, they killed indiscriminately, earning the name Red River rogues. By the time the Federation had taken notice and wanted to remove them from threatening our way of life, it was too late. They had become a huge threat, and what's more, we have yet to catch up to them. They're always one step ahead of us.

But in taking one of our own, they have declared war on us and now they have become our number one target, one that takes priority over all else. Heaven help them if they've harmed Jane in any way. We will hunt them down like rabid dogs and we will not rest until they have been found. There will be no place for anyone to hide if they are unlucky enough to make it to our most-wanted list. Supernaturals everywhere will be on the lookout. 

When we finally reach the spot where the abduction took place, Sandra pulls over and we all step out of our respective vehicles to take a look around us. We're standing on the roadside of a lovely country road with wildflowers scattered about. King Stravos, I, and the Law Enforcers stand back as the WOLF team walks around trying to pick up a scent. With my arm slung over Clarissa's shoulders, we stand there and silently watch intently.

Suddenly Morgan's head comes up as he sniffs the air before signaling the others. His teammates run over and sniff the air as well. Morgan looks our way with a superior smirk. "They did a good job covering their scent, but we aren't regular wolves. We got a scent and I believe it belongs to Jane. What are your orders?"

"Let's track the scent but keep in mind some of us aren't as fast as you five." Morgan nods and looks at Isreal, their tactical specialist. "Keep pace with them." Isreal nods.