•Chapter Eleven• Rise Of An Army

Unknown Alpha

I finally got word that we will be ready to leave for Wisconsin soon, and I couldn't be happier if I had hit the Jackpot! My eyes may be trained on the window in my office but they aren't looking in that direction because of the view, I'm deep in thought as I wait for Gabriel to come to my office as summoned.

While I wait, I steeple my fingers together and fantasize about the many ways I could torture, then kill Silvia. An evil grin crawls over my face as I realize that the possibilities are endless. The thought fills me with sadistic joy and encourages me to move forward with my plans. I nearly cackle in glee, but a movement outside has me reminding about Gabriel.

I'd met Gabriel three months before this event and within a month, I made him my Beta. My curiosity about him grew until I couldn't contain it anymore. I could sense power and loyalty buried deep within him. So I knew he could help me meet my goals and become a great asset to me.

(Flashback)

I was at my desk, looking over some paperwork when Gabriel knocked on my door. "Come in Gabriel, " I order in an authoritative voice. Gabriel walked in, then came to stand directly across my desk, facing me, in a military stance. Once again, I wonder why he's a rogue. Shouldn't he be mated and raising pups instead of wanting to kill his kind?

The guy is handsome enough, to be honest, he was incredibly attractive in my opinion, plus he's a very strong warrior. He's also incredibly smart and amazingly agile. Definitely, Beta material, though I get the feeling there's much more to him than most would suspect. And now, I'm too curious about him.

I always get the feeling this guy could kill me without much effort. It worries me enough to want to know his motives, the sooner the better. With that thought in mind, I decided to find out. Using my hands, I push away from the desk, then rise out of my chair. With calm, deliberate steps, I walk over to stand in front of Gabriel and turn to face him, hands clasped behind my back.

"Tell me, Gabriel, why did you become a rogue?" Though my voice is soft, there's a command in my words. A command I know most wolves would not be able to resist.

I have a feeling he will answer, even if he doesn't feel compelled to by my Alpha command. Not because he can't, but because he's a wolf of honor and his honor demands he answer. I'm not surprised to see that my Alpha command does not affect him, but Gabriel still replies honestly, confirming my suspicions that he's indeed an honorable wolf.

"My mate rejected me and then married another. On their wedding night, I killed them both in a rage. I've been a rogue ever since." Gabriel tells me, though I can see he's reluctant to say more. Sadly for him, I'm not done yet.

"Did you all belong to the same pack?" I ask next. I already suspect the answer but I need to ask just the same. Not many werewolves get married, it's a human custom. Those that do, either are mated to a human, or grew up outside of a pack.

"She and I were from the same pack. He was human." Gabriel once more confirms my suspicions. Still feeling like there's something more important I'm missing, I continue with my interrogation.

"How did you come to be such a powerful warrior? It's amazing how fast, smart, and strong you are when it comes to combat." My eyes catch the slight wince before he masks it, telling me he'd hoped not to have to reveal what he was going to next.

"I was trained by the federation." That was all Gabriel said. Though he looked relaxed, there was a slight tensing of his jaw.

My eyes widened at this revelation because the only way you're trained by the federation is if you're going to work for them. "What branch?" I asked, my curiosity at its peak.