•Chapter Ten• Returning Home

Silvia

I can't help but be excited from the moment I opened my eyes this morning because of two reasons. The first being how great things are going between Matt and I. I feel like a princess who was carried off by her prince charming.

Though we have yet to mate or even mark each other, we have started sleeping together. This fact I attribute to my wolf, Athena, who stepped in to ensure that she could be near her mate.

On the day we retrieved the bow, Matt had asked me to move into his bedroom. Though I'm drawn to him and want to be near him, I wasn't too sure about that idea. Even though Sam and I had been dating for two years, I'm still a virgin.

I've never been intimate with anyone because I wanted to wait until my wedding night. I always believed that my chastity should be given to the man I marry, something special to be shared between us on our wedding night. For this reason, it's something hard for me to part with.

So when Matt asked me to move into his bedroom, I was reluctant to do so because I knew being that close to him might lead to us losing ourselves in a moment of passion. Werewolf or not, I grew up thinking I was a human and I adapted to their thinking as well as their customs.

Not that I don't want to give in to that passion. How could I not when my mate is so close and my wolf wants that intimacy too? But I can't just abandon the things I believe in or who I am, just because I remembered who I was born to be.

I had been on the verge of declining when Athena decided to take over and agreed. I was angry with her but couldn't go back on my word once I had given it. It was one of the few things papa taught me before he died. A wolf is only as good as their word.

That's what papa would say. He'd say that anyone who couldn't keep their word was not worthy of trust. An Alpha, most especially, should always be honest and trustworthy so that his pack would never lose faith in him. I strive to live up to his words.

And that's how I came to be sleeping with Matt and now share his bedroom. Thankfully, Matt seems to understand how I feel and has done his best not to push for more. In fact, he's the one to call a halt when things get heated between us.

But the other reason why I'm excited today is that Uncle Dave will be arriving today with the pack. It's been a long time since I've seen my Aunt Betty and Uncle Dave, so my excitement is understandable. The feeling I have is similar to a kid on Christmas morning.

The day after I obtained the bow, preparations began to get everything ready for the pack's arrival. I, along with Ashley, and Cain were involved in the effort with some volunteers from Matt's pack who helped us in the cleaning of the grounds, as well as making all the buildings ready for occupancy.

It was hard work and took countless hours to achieve, but by last night everything was done. Now all that was left, was for them to arrive and some minor cosmetics. From what Ashley said, they should be here just before dinner time.

Thankfully, Matt had agreed to allow me to stay in my parent's house last night, or I should say the Alpha's house. Provided he stays with me, along with about twenty of his best warriors as well, for security reasons.

Though papa's pack was not the biggest, we did have the best warriors in the united states. I still remember how proud papa was of that fact. Weaker packs would send their members to us for training.

I know it had to have been a shock to our kind when news of my parent's death was passed on. But on that day, about half of our pack, along with Cain, were absent. This made it easier for the rogues to get the upper hand by using underhanded methods on their victims.