•Chapter Eighteen• Falling Into Darkness

Silvia

I watched from my vantage point as Draco stood up to the Drow prince on behalf of the pretty half-breed. By her scent alone you could tell she was part wolf and part vampire, hybrids they're called. What I didn't understand is why she had come here with the drow. It became obvious that they ignored her for the most part. But the drow prince was a different matter.

I'd seen him verbally, and sometimes physically, abuse the poor girl. If Draco hadn't stepped in, I would have. I detest seeing males abusing a female, regardless of race. But I had a strange feeling that the drow prince wouldn't let the matter go so easily. I got the sense from him that even though he was abusive towards her, he was attracted to her and he hated himself for it.

In the coming days, I noticed how he kept casting hateful glances at Draco and the young hybrid, whose name I learned to be, Sable. A name I felt suited her very well. I did my best to befriend her, though she was a bit skittish. But I had no intention of giving up seeing as I knew she needed a friend. My efforts paid off soon enough and I was overjoyed.

Sable told me her mother had been a vampire, her father a werewolf but she never knew either. Her father was killed by hunters and her mother, though mortally wounded, managed to escape and made it to the outskirts of a drow city. The drow king found her and had to cut her open to save her baby. Before she died, the drow king had promised her he'd raise the baby as his own, which he did. The King made sure she knew what little he knew, about her parents.

Though Sable didn't say she was treated differently, it was evident by the disdainful looks the drow cast her way. In their eyes, she was beneath them. Not to mention how the prince treated her if she so much as brushed past him. Days after the twins' birthday party, I was out searching for her when I heard a soft cry of pain that was suddenly cut off. I followed her scent and discovered Sable pinned up against a tree by the neck as the drow prince prepared to strike her.

"How dare you?!" I cry out outraged as I reach out to grab him by the arm. Furious, the drow prince turned around to push me away but the king appeared as if by magic, placing himself between us with a cold look in his eyes.

"You will not touch the Luna," King Stravos informed him in a soft, but deadly tone. "I will tear you to pieces if you so much as think it. But if I'm unable to, I'm sure they will!" He motioned with a thumb over his shoulder, to something behind me and suddenly I knew no more.

__________________________

Stravos

I was excited once I realized Luna Silvia was a sacred vessel, I always wanted to meet one. There have been rumors and a couple of legends, concerning sacred vessels for hundreds of years. But quite honestly, I didn't believe them at first. Not until I met the queen of elves. It seems her ancestor, Queen Alaiana Rosenthal, was a sacred vessel and had taken part in defeating the demon, Ortelous after he'd been released from the dimensional prison that held him captive.

Queen Violet even owned documents to prove her claims. The one thing she didn't have, was the sacred weapons used against the demon. Documentation states, they were scattered and hidden away until a time came when they would be needed, with only cryptic clues to pinpoint their locations. Selene's moonbow, Helios sun staff, and Eros dawn blade were said to contain great celestial power and many creatures would give anything to possess one.

I, however, do not care for such power. I wish to see peace reign on this planet and to live as long a life as possible. All living creatures want to live and enjoy the time they're given. Well, most of us. Just because I'm a supernatural creature doesn't mean I'm immortal. Immortality is a myth, there's no such thing. Everything dies when its time comes. Plants, animals, people, planets, even gods can die.