23. Cara

"Is there any chance that I can still bail on this?" Alex says with a straight face. "Because I still really am not interested in ruling and taking over the planet because I swear, I will make us all collapse."

I watch those men who wear their nice suits and ties, sitting comfortably around the huge oval table, looking unhappy.

Yes, we're having a last minute conference with the board members. I did not fucking expect this to happen that Alex and I had to get up early after our sex.

"Ms. Blackwood," the man across me speaks up. "It is clear that the President wants you and Ms. Vega to have the trainings for future preparation."

"Yes I know that," Alex says. "But can't you get someone else? Because I swear I know there are a lot of people who-"

"Ms. Blackwood," she is cut off by the other man. "Please cooperate."

Alex sighs in annoyance that it is audible enough for the others to hear. I look at Sarah, who is just sitting quietly across me on the left. I meet her eyes and she just looks away.

"I just feel like this isn't fair." Alex says. "I never agreed to this kind of bullshit."

"Ms. Blackwood," an anger voice comes across the room. "Language. Please."

Alex gets up from her sit and walks to the glass window. She shakes her head with a long blink.

"As I've heard," the President finally speaks up from the middle. "You and Ms. Vega has been ditching your training for days."

"Sorry to speak, Sir," I say before Alex can. She already has the glare on her face. "You heard it right. It is because we're just not interested in attending and we find the training is unnecessary."

I know what I said.

President's face isn't as happy as he looked before. "I see."

The room gets a bit intense where everyone stays quiet.

"And as for that," the President continues. "Then I guess the schedule of training should be changed."

Alex looks at the President with a squinched eyes.

"You ladies can handle guns?" the man continues.

I accidentally let out a scoff. "I'm sorry," I cover my mouth immediately. Guns? Really? Those used to be our favorite toys.

"What do guns have to do with future ruling?" Alex leans her shoulder on the glass with her arms crossed. "We're training as militaries now? I thought this planet is safe."

"Ms. Blackwood," the President sighs. "This is just the procedure of the training."

"Sir, with all the respect," Alex says. "This is just getting ridiculous. I don't see the motive in all of this-"

"Ms. Walker, I want you to monitor these two lovely ladies. Make sure they do their trainings with Agent Carmen." She is cut off. Again.

"Damn," I hear Alex groans and rolls her eyes. "Well at least I get to play with guns."

And that's how the conference ended with an order Alex isn't happy with. The fact that she keeps being cut off and corrected by everyone in the room, which obviously made her much annoyed.

When everyone gets their ass out of the conference room, I walk myself to Alex who is still leaning against the glass window.

"I don't even fucking understand all of this." She mutters. "Why so sudden?"