11 ♜ Unspoken Truths

Vote, comment and show some love!

  For a few seconds, Spencer remained still and frozen

For a few seconds, Spencer remained still and frozen. He was in shock. Madeline's lips were on his. Then slowly he found himself kissing her back. His arms wrapped around, relying on muscle memory. His head was going into overdrive and he felt really hot all of a sudden.

His emotions were all over the place. At that moment, Spencer Kingsley felt everything. He had waited five years for that moment. Was it worth it? He had no clue.

"Is that enough proof for you?" Madeline whispered, as she pulled away carefully.

  She was still close enough that their noses were touching and their foreheads were rested against each other. Spencer could feel her breath.

  "I..." Spencer began but he couldn't finish his sentence. He was speechless. He shut his eyes to savour the moment.

  Eventually Madeline stepped back and sighed. "I shouldn't have done that."

  Spencer felt dizzy. "I don't... I... woah."

  Madeline failed to stop herself from laughing and soon he could hear her melodious giggle ring in the air.

  "I forgot how awkward you are," She joked.

  "I'm just... woah. What was that for?"

  Madeline's smiled but it didn't exactly reach her eyes. "To show you how much you mean to me."

  "But... what about Blake?"

  "Oh. We're in an open relationship."

Oh. So she still wanted to stay with Blake. The kiss wasn't the start of something but the end of it.

  "That sounds like a bad idea..."

  Madeline's eyebrows rose slightly. "We're both happy. But still, I shouldn't have kissed you. That was a bad idea."

  Spencer shrugged. He certainly didn't seem to think it was a bad idea. But he wouldn't tell her how much the kiss affected him because she clearly regretted it.

  "Just because we kissed doesn't mean I forgive you."

  "I know. I'm sorry, Spence. I wish I could go back in time. I was stupid for not calling. But please try to understand that I needed to distance myself as far away from Manhattan as I could."

"Then why are you back?"

Madeline looked down at her heels and cleared her throat. "My father was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis last year. I came back to be closer to him."