24 ♜ Denouement

"Okay, the grey one or the black one?" Amelie asked, shaking two dresses in front of Spencer

Spencer pretended to think for a moment before smirking. "Neither. I think you look fine with nothing on."

Amelie jokingly rolled her eyes and batted away his hand. "I'm not sure my gay boss would be too impressed."

Spencer slowly kissed her neck as she stared at herself in the mirror. "Trust me. He would."

Things had gone relatively back to normal. Amelie moved back in, Spencer had plunged himself into work again and neither of them dared to utter the M-word. Spencer constantly felt the elephant in the room but believed that by ignoring it, it would eventually prance away. Everything was fine. Just fine.

"Are you meeting anyone today?"

Spencer shrugged. "Just this producer I've worked with before. She's helping me plan a movie."

Spencer didn't miss how Amelie's face fell. That was another side effect of their argument. Whenever Spencer even mentioned other girls she would get suspicious. Ever since their fight, Amelie had definitely become less trusting. Of course Spencer had brought it on himself so he had no one to blame but himself.

  "She?"

  Spencer frowned. "Yes, I'm meeting a girl. Is that a problem?"

  Amelie shrugged. "You tell me."

  Spencer sighed and kissed her cheek before removing his arms from around her waist. "No. I'm meeting my old school friend Dolly. She's a producer and I'm hoping to get her to produce my new film. It's all purely platonic. I promise."

  "It's not her I'm worried about. Is she friends with Madeline? What if Madeline walks in with her?"

  Spencer rolled his eyes but instantly regretted it once he saw how Amelie's face twisted in anger.

  "I'm serious, Kingsley! I don't mean to sound overbearing but it just feels like Madeline Lockhart is everywhere. On the tabloids sites and the magazines and social media.... she makes me nervous."

"I made it clear that I choose you, Amelie. You shouldn't be worried. I've cut out Madeline."

  The final sentence stung to say out loud. Especially since Madeline and Spencer had finally been getting along. But Spencer had to make it work with Amelie. 'The things we do for love'. Of course that was what Jaime Lannister said before he pushed Bran Stark out the window in 'Game of Thrones'. Still, it was Spencer's new mantra. He had to make sacrifices in order to make things work with Amelie, even if it meant cutting out the most important person in his life.