Chapter 3

It had been almost three weeks since Portia's wedding and it was difficult to get Vance out of my system

He was a successful man at such a young age. He was a successful player in the construction business. He was very strategic in his thinking.

It had been a month since I started working at Silva constructions who was a competitor to the Muna Constructions.

Every night I just used to Google about Vance. I used to see his pictures, his motivational speeches, the events he organized during his college days, his short films etc. I was obsessed with him. He was so full of himself and I loved that!

One fine evening, I found myself painting his portrait and by now I had painted four portraits of him.

I observed that he mostly wore polos, hoodies and very few pair of jeans during his college days. Guess he liked to dress casual more than formals. But in few pictures, he was wearing black blazers with different colours of ties while addressing some events at his college.

Elza's words kept ringing in my head. So I decided to keep my obsession and attraction to myself. It is not like I will end up with him in my life. So there was no point in declaring my feelings publicly for him.

Yes! I will keep my feelings buried in me! Only I had the right to know these feelings. Besides, many girls would be drooling over him! Or maybe he already has a girlfriend.

The thoughts made me sad. I decided to sleep as it was late night.

Next day, before leaving to the office, I got a message from Annie Silva that we had to attend a meeting for a very important auction.

I decided to wear a white shirt and a red pencil skirt. I left my hair open.

After forty five minutes, I reached to the office compound where the auction was about to happen. Even though I did not have much involvement in any project as I was just a month old in this organization, Annie insisted that I accompany her as I was her personal secretary and an advisor as well. Moreover, her husband Nick had gone to Singapore on an assignment and she had to represent Silva constructions that day.

"Good Morning Ana. I got a news that many have eyes on this piece of land including Muna Constructions. This land is like a hot piece of cake. I just hope that we get this contract." she said knotting her fingers.

"We shall give our best shot!" I said with a hope to comfort her.

My heart fluttered at the thought of seeing Vance again.

He might be here today!

I and Annie headed to the conference hall.

There I saw Vance.

He was astonishing!

He wore a grey colour suit with a navy blue shirt and his hair was neatly combed back.

Can I touch your hair?? Shit! What was I thinking?

He always had a smile on his face.

Those beautiful pink lips!

Concentrate Ana!

Most of the people who achieved success at such young age would have had a huge head weight and intimidating personality but he was not like that.

We sat at the other side of the hall. But my eyes were glued to him.

Within a few minutes, the auction started and the participants were quoting the prices they were willing to pay.

I had no idea why Vance was staring at me. Annie was staring at him too.

"You know him?" Annie asked me.

"Not too well!" I just said and gave a smile.

She frowned at me and turned away.

Umm... Why do I smell trouble??

Hey my High Fliers!!

Make my day by VOTING, COMMENTING, SHARING and FOLLOWING me on WATTPAD.

Love you all so much <3 XOXO