Chapter 19

I was stunned was an understatement!

His kiss was like a drug which was very addicting. I wanted to move away but my body behaved otherwise.

My logic flew away from my mind.

I was stiff from the shock and I was sure that not even a cell of my body moved.

I had never done it before.

My body wasn't responding.

He finally broke the kiss and looked at me with a face which had several unanswered questions in them and a hint of disappointment.

"I.. I.." he stuttered.

"You?" I asked him expectantly.

"I will drop you home." he said and took me to the elevator.

That broke my heart!

We made our way back to his car.

All along, I realized that he was holding my hand as if he was scared to loose me.

I tried to free my hand for once.

But his grip just tightened. So, I stopped fighting it and let him hold my hand.

The drive back to my home was silent too.

I had so many questions in my mind which I wanted to scream out but I stopped myself from saying it because it might complicate the situation.

What if he likes or loves me? Am I ready to be in love or a relationship?

What if he is playing around? Oh I would never let him use me.

Then why did he kiss me?

Of all girls, why me?

How far will this go?

Is he regretting it?

God! My mind would blast!

We finally reached my home.

"Good night." I said and was about to get down when he held my hand.

"Ana, I am sorry. Whatever happened shouldn't have happened." he said.

My mind instantly fired up.

"So you are regretting it?" I asked him.

"If anything stops us from continuing to be friends, I would not entertain it." he said.

"When were we friends?" I asked him.

"We weren't?" he asked shocked.

I never saw you as a friend. I always saw you as more than that.

"Were we? I have many friends who were guys and it wasn't intense like this." I said suppressing my anger.

Shit! Did I just use the word intense?

"I am sorry." he said.

"It's okay. I am still not sure about my feelings for you. It's just that the things escalated so soon that I didn't get time to figure out my feelings for you." I said.

"We can continue to be friends and spend some time together." he said.

"Hmm. Maybe if things work, we can think about US." I said.

"Okay. Take your time." he said.

"Goodnight." I said and got down the car.

As soon as I reached home, I had mixed feelings.

I was happy and sad at the same time.

I still wasn't sure what he felt for me.

I don't know if he loved me, but I was sure that he does have some feelings for me and the thing is, it was the same case with me as well.

I needed time.