40

"are you actually being serious about going to get food with him?" alejandro said as he followed me into his kitchen where i had previously sat my lanyard down.

"ale, were just going to get food. i promise if he tries something i will tell you okay?" i said searching his face for a response as he just blankly stared at me.

"whatever." he mumbled turning to walk away from me but i grabbed his arm, forcing him to turn around. "what?" he snapped.

i stood there taken back for a second before responding, "okay what is your deal? you've been acting weird ever since we've got here."

"i'm not being weird okay? i just don't trust you around mattia." he said making me furrow my eyebrows.

"you don't trust me? you have literally been so distant ever since we got here, i saw your phone." i said making his eyes go wide.

"you saw my phone? what the hell does that even mean?" he asked.

"it means i know you're texting a girl and that i didn't say anything because we were with our friends." i said, grabbing my lanyard off the counter.

"she's just a friend." he stated, frowning as he looked at me.

"okay." i said looking down at my feet, hoping mattia will walk up here so we can leave already.

"ava, i'm serious." he said grabbing my hand, making me look at him.

"i said okay." i mumbled, taking my hand out of his grasp as i heard someone's loud steps coming towards the kitchen. "can we just talk about this later?" i asked, just receiving a nod in response.

"are you ready to go?" mattia said leaning against the wall, looking between me and alejandro clearly sensing an awkward tension.

i just nodded and left alejandro standing in the kitchen, walking towards the front door. i opened the front door, walking towards the car and unlocking it as mattia trailed behind me.

"what was that?" he asked as i pulled out of the driveway.

"nothing." i mumbled, keeping my eyes on the road ahead of me.

mattia mumbled something under his breath but i ignored it as he connected his phone to bluetooth. the drive was silent for a while until mattia said he wanted taco bell so that's where i drove.

"we're going inside to eat." mattia stated as soon as i pulled into the parking lot, pulling in to a spot.

i got out of the car annoyed, waiting for mattia to get out so i could lock it. i'm not annoyed at mattia if that's what you're thinking, i just keep thinking about the conversation with alejandro and the fact he said he didn't trust me. we walked in, going to order our food when mattia whispered something to the lady working, probably flirting because a smile appeared on her face.

when it was my turn to order, i got my money out and the lady stopped me. "oh honey, your boyfriend over there already paid for you." she said pointing over to mattia who was giving a cheeky smile. "definitely not my boyfriend." i said making her shake her head.

"well i think you should give him a chance, he seems really sweet from what he said about you." she said handing me the freeze that i ordered before i went to sit down at the table mattia was at.

"why did you tell her we were together." i said as he let out a laugh.

"i didn't, just implied it." he said, "also who gets the blue freezes, that's nasty."

"dude they're so good, have you even had one before?" i asked.

"well i tried kairi's once but it was still gross then." he said making me roll my eyes.